Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG B16B
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    - this is a 6 cylinder, so its a stupid comparison.

- the euro has 23nm more, thats more than 10%. what point are you trying to make?

- this is a supercharged engine, so its a stupid comparison

- this is a 6cylinder, so its a stupid comparison the accord euro seems lack low rev punch.

all except 2 of the cars listed above have 4cylinder engines. what do you expect? Honda make good engines but they dont work miracles. you dont get low end torque without a turbocharger/supercharger or increased displacement.

um...can do what exactly? neither BMW or Merc have a naturally aspirated 4cylinder engine that makes good torque at low revs. they either use superchargers or larger displacement engines with an extra 2 cylinders
    amen.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Does anyone know why Honda design engine with this characteristic? Why can't Honda create an engine that is also a killer at both low and high rev? If BMW & Benz can do it, why can't Honda? Is there any reason behind this design?
    Sell your Civic & get something with a K20A. (DC5R~S / EP3 etc)
    The torque curve is almost flat,
    Then add a Injen intake... nothing more...
    Peak torque will now be at 3500~4000rpm...
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    96 JDM Legend 'Exclusive'
    one of the torquer honda engines is the c35a from the ka9 legend.

311.85nm/2800rpm

Raz
    Cars
    1996 KA9 JDM Honda Legend 'Exclusive'

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    But, there is one thing that I find quite annoying. Torque.

Seems to me that Honda engine needs to be revved before we can feel the torque. For example, take a look at accord euro. Max torque 223Nm@4500
    Compare to German cars, let say BMW 325i, max torque 250Nm@2750 rpm, BMW 320i, max torque 200NM@3600 rpm, Benz C200K, max torque 250Nm@2800-5000 rpm, C280 300Nm@2500-5000 rpm, the accord euro seems lack low rev punch.

This is also 1 weakness that I remember from one Accord euro review that I read a while ago, "Lack low rev punch"
    You are comparing Hondas 2L or less capacity engines with 2L Supercharged and bigger engines.

Compared to same capacity engines, Honda always wins hands down.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV

Civic 174Nm@4200 rpm

If BMW & Benz can do it, why can't Honda?
    Here's the bmw 1.6L NA eqivanent

BMW 116i 150 Nm @ 4,300 rpm

Not only does the honda make more torque, it makes it earlier. I think you need to wake up, and stop comparing completely different things.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    Here's the bmw 1.6L NA eqivanent

BMW 116i 150 Nm @ 4,300 rpm

Not only does the honda make more torque, it makes it earlier. I think you need to wake up, and stop comparing completely different things.
    Completely different things would be a motorbike and a caravan. This person is compareing cars in the same market segment.

Fact is, hondas are torqueless wonders. But we wouldnt want it any other way. A previous poster has the answer before. Its all about fuel consumption and emmisions. Thats nothing to be ashamed of guys.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq View Post
    Completely different things would be a motorbike and a caravan. This person is compareing cars in the same market segment.

Fact is, hondas are torqueless wonders. But we wouldnt want it any other way. A previous poster has the answer before. Its all about fuel consumption and emmisions. Thats nothing to be ashamed of guys.
    In that case we can complain that the 525i is weak and torqueless compred to the Legend, eventhough it is unfair to BMW.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Give this guy a fair go lol

I think hes more getting at when peak torque is made, not what the figure is
    And i agree, ive driven numerous hondas, And they're all good cars
    but sometimes they feel more effort to drive then cars manufactured by other companies, N/A or not
    If your looking at it as a Stop/start proposition, But still there not too bad, just could use a few extra nm
    Bwwwwoooommmp

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post

but sometimes they feel more effort to drive then cars manufactured by other companies, N/A or not
    If your looking at it as a Stop/start proposition, But still there not too bad, just could use a few extra nm
    Believe me he's getting a fair go lol

Just because he's wrong with unfounded claims doesn't mean it's unfair.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post

as above... people who drive Honda's for performance should know exactly how the power/emissions/economy system works together... they don't normally go together.

simple answer if you want power for the price of a honda is get a v8
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK4
    Yeah my Buick makes 690Nm@2800rpm! But it also gets 22L/100km

You'll notice (if you haven't already) that these days an atmo engine will make peak torque similar to it's engine displacement. ie, a 2 litre will make somewhere very close to 200Nm, or a 3 litre somewhere close to 300Nm obviously depending on how the engine's built.