Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FN2R Prices

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Many didn't believe me when I posted my price/accessories list. Serves me right for sharing I suppose: lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    i call shens on 38k
    scan the deal and show us!
    And while I'm certainly not calling you on it, you must admit that being a salesman, you have a vested interested in keeping prices high.

When I was shopping around, I found that some dealers flat out refused to discuss the kind of price I wanted - One wouldn't budge from 47k. Another said 44k for "this car only." FTG Honda - never go there - felt my price was so ridiculous it warranted treating me with total disdain.

I finally arrived at a dealer that gave me exactly what I wanted, for the price I wanted.

Tips

Remember: You are in control. Work out exactly what you want. Everything. Accessories, Warranty, Spares, etc. Don't fall for the "girl who asks about rust protection after the sale" bullsh*t. If you have a penchant for wasting money and want rust protection - put it on your list as part of the deal. I'll come back to the list.

Now shop around and using all resources available - forums, friends, salespeople - work out what the car should cost. I started by looking at the price of the car without drive away costs - $40k. I then found out how much all my accessories and spares I wanted cost ($RRP) and deducted at least 20% from them before adding the cost to that of the car, proper.

I came to the decision that $43k sounded about right for everything I wanted. By sounded right I mean: I was happy to pay it and it seemed about what everyone else was getting or better.

Now the next step is crucial. I dropped my "official" price to $42k. This gave me the opportunity to beat my own deal.

Now the next bit is the kicker: Walk in to the dealer, go up to the first salesguy you can find and say, "This is your lucky day. I want to buy a Type R." Hand him the list of what you want with the price you want to pay on it and hand him your credit card. "That's for the deposit."

Only thing is, and this is very important: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT ON THAT SHEET - EVERYTHING. THIS WILL BE YOUR CONTRACT.

Postscript: I got my Type R for 43k with everything I wanted. I posted my deal somewhere on this board.

In hindsight, I should've got it for about $500 less and out of stupidity, I forgot to put the extended warranty on my list and didn't really bargain hard enough to go under my "happy" price.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic VTi
    well done man...maybe you should've told me this a bit earlier...lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda '08 Civic Type R
    I got my CTR for $42K including

type r emblem
    accent lights
    window tint
    bluetooth
    matts
    front kit

its build date was FEB08 and COMPL MAY08

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Black FN2R & Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by luoldeng View Post
    I got my CTR for $42K including

type r emblem
    accent lights
    window tint
    bluetooth
    matts
    front kit

its build date was FEB08 and COMPL MAY08
    Well done mate, thats an excellent deal.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post

Now shop around and using all resources available - forums, friends, salespeople - work out what the car should cost. I started by looking at the price of the car without drive away costs - $40k. I then found out how much all my accessories and spares I wanted cost ($RRP) and deducted at least 20% from them before adding the cost to that of the car, proper.

lol 20%? thats weaksauce. 50% minimum. there will always be someone, somewhere, that needs your business.

wait till the end of the month, and buy then

lol there are a few second hand fn2r on carsales now that will go for way cheaper if it's a bargain you're hunting for. Brand new FN2Rs won't come down in price at all due to the limited delivery and it's still a very new model.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R, Ek Civic 2000 Sedan
    Hey guys,

Can you actually call up Honda Australia and find out how many CTR's they've got in stock?

Cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda '08 Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Well done mate, thats an excellent deal.
    Yes it was a good deal, he said if I wanted the car only i would've got it for $38K brand new and maybe the matt set only.

I wasn't expecting to get a 08 build CTR, he said most likely a 07 build but when it arrived from SA he confirmed it as a 08 build date.

If anyone wants a good deal go Essendon Honda, Arvie Roncall.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by kanishkaz View Post
    Hey guys,

Can you actually call up Honda Australia and find out how many CTR's they've got in stock?

Cheers.
    i'd be surprised if they can tell you this info over the phone.

they're most likely to refer you to your local dealer.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    moons got a good deal, he went to his local dealer and did well!
    There can also be reasons why some dealers do some deals and others dont, doesnt matter what honda you look at.

we also get to catch people out too who lie about prices to us. Its fun when we catch them out, we are all not that stupid. If your going to lie be smart about it!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    i'd be surprised if they can tell you this info over the phone.

they're most likely to refer you to your local dealer.
    If you insist, they will give you info. I found out how many 08 built cars were landed in Melbourne when I was shopping. Caught a bunch of dealers out, it did!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    moons got a good deal, he went to his local dealer and did well!
    Yeah, I did alright.

I think that had alot to do with going to a local dealer, however: I got the distinct impression that dealers are under Honda orders to sell to their locality at all costs.

Probably to do with servicing and keeping dealers noses out of each other's backyards? Not sure.