Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Wiper blades

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by viper8548 View Post
    What is smearing? When my wipers sweep the rain, it doesnt remove the water completely, each swipe leaves some couldy water residue that gets dried up a few seconds after by the wind, is that smearing? or is it normal?
    Smearing is when the wiper blade edge is deformed and doesn't make proper contact with the windscreen. Yours dries up within a few seconds, so your wipers are fine. If they were stuffed, you'll make the visibility worse when you use the wipers and you also get lines across where the wipers wipe.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

My euro is 4months old, i was driving the other nite and that smearing in the windshield while driving in the rain is very dangerous, emailed my dealer's service advisor for a replacement under warranty, and they did replaced my wiper blades. Big difference. Now ive got clear vision. I hope it should last for a while.

SO where would i pick up some good blades for me 06?

King9, You can get a pair from your local Honda Spare Parts Dept., it all depends on your budget. Im sure they can be of help if you have queries about the smearing of the windscreen.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    I just got some wiper blades for my 05 Euro. Bought them from spare parts, it's only the rubber part. It appears that all I need to do is slide it through the clips in the wiper arm, but when I did that it smeared everywhere. When I looked closely at it, I can see pressure from the arm is on different parts of the blade, so the pressure isn't all evened out, causing a wave effect.

How do I fix it? I'll post up some pics soon as I can't explain this

These didn't come with metal strips either, it's all rubber so..

On the right is the new rubber and the left the old one. The one on the left (old rubber) fits into the slot, but the new one looks like it isn't meant to go in at all?

Last edited by Delta_One; 23-06-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    My rubber blades look like the one you have on the right. You are supposed to take out the metal strips from the old blades and transfer them to the new ones. What is the blade in the 2nd pic? That looks like a non-honda generic blade.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    My rubber blades look like the one you have on the right. You are supposed to take out the metal strips from the old blades and transfer them to the new ones. What is the blade in the 2nd pic? That looks like a non-honda generic blade.
    It was on the car when I bought it used a couple months back, so not sure if it's OEM. The blade arm is OEM it has Honda on it, but the rubber doesn't have any markings on it, so I presume it's not OEM.

Does only the clip go onto the rubber then I just slide it through the 10 or so holders? Is there meant to be like a vertabrea thing holding onto the rubber to keep it even on the windscreen?

Just got the metal clip off, i cant find a way to clip it on though..will be taking it back to spare parts on Wednesday. The metal clip has nothing to hold onto so
    Last edited by Delta_One; 23-06-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The blade in the second pic was attatched to the OEM (I presume) rubber. The rubber slid into that plastic spin sort of thing which kept the rubber even on the windscreen. My new piece of rubber doesn't fit into it. Which is why im getting confused, I thought it was meant to. But I guess its not a honda part afterall.

I think the rubber I bought today isn't meant to have the metal clip on it, it just slides through the 10 slots and thats it. But its so flimsy without anything to make the pressure even. I'll just get some PIAA wipers or bosch now. OEM is way too annoying.

Sorry that this is so confusing, im still trying to figure out why it just wont work!
    Last edited by Delta_One; 23-06-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta_One View Post
    I just got some wiper blades for my 05 Euro. Bought them from spare parts, it's only the rubber part. It appears that all I need to do is slide it through the clips in the wiper arm, but when I did that it smeared everywhere. When I looked closely at it, I can see pressure from the arm is on different parts of the blade, so the pressure isn't all evened out, causing a wave effect.

How do I fix it? I'll post up some pics soon as I can't explain this

These didn't come with metal strips either, it's all rubber so..

On the right is the new rubber and the left the old one. The one on the left (old rubber) fits into the slot, but the new one looks like it isn't meant to go in at all?

Can get the same type from KMart for less then 10 bucks, made with sillicone instead of rubber. Just change one for my friend's car

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Are wiper blades covered by warranty? My car is only 5 weeks old and only had to use the wipers 3 times. It screaches really bad. It's bad enough to send a vibration down through the brake pedal as the wipers screach across the screen. Is this worth taking up with the dealer?

If you got time, why not?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    screeches due to grime on your window/blades and exposure to the sun drying out the rubber.

imho the 03-05 wipers were better cause they have the metal brackets that actually protected the rubber from sun exposure compared to the 06+ with just rubber strips.

bring it up with your dealers service department and see if they would change it under warranty.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9