Thread: Alignment

Alignment

Hey guys
    i guess my questions is in a few parts:

1. just wondering when you go for alignment at bob jane, BTC etc etc what do they adjust your setting to?

2. Do you specifically tell them i was camber to be this, toe that etc? or will they bring it to factory specifications (if there is such a thing?)

3. Are there any specifics that should be kept i.e. toe - 0, camber set slightly negative etc (but i know that some car's camber only can be adjusted so much)

in my case, i was going to get it done soon, but wasn't sure if i just leave it up to them or ask them for specifics...

my car is a daily so no tracking, only spirited drives here and there..

thanks for your help!

p.s i did try searching but nothing really specific came up answering my questions

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    They will pretty much set everthing straight and flat. You will be looking at no camber, perhaps a tiny bit of toe in and almost no castor. If you want to change anything, you can let them know what you are looking and they will adjust to the best of what they can do with what they've got to work with, remembering that these settings aren't greatly adjustable unless you have adjustable arms and rods. Without camber arms, camber can only be achieved by altering your ride height (aftermarket springs or height adjustable struts), and that will put your toe out as well. So if you want a greater level of adjustability, purchase a set of adjustable arms and rods. Depending on what you want to use the car for, there are numerous setups you can have. As you are a daily with some spirited driving, I recommend a little camber up front neg 1.5 deg max, and I'd probably keep the rear with even less camber if none. Hope that helps out a bit. Good luck
    We look upon the enemy of our souls as a conquered foe, so he is, but only to God, not to us.