Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lowering stock seats - Type S

Anyone managed to modify their stock seats (or rails for that matter) to have them sit lower in the car? Or does anyone know of any companies that make custom rails for this application?

Really don't want to have to screw with SRS lights nor the extra cash for aftermarket seats when I like the stock ones fine.

Any help appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    find out where the mounting point for the rail to seat is. Might be the same as the recaro rails. Otherwise it looks like you'll need to get some customer rails made up.

Also check out US sites.

Mmmm, problem with that is that I need some detailed measurements of the mounting points of DC5R Recaro rails... and I can't seem to find them, so I don't know what I'm looking for.

Even if I could modify a set of Vision rails or something, that would do me!!

Checked out the US sites thoroughly to no avail. Everyone just seems to buy a set of Brides and screw with the SRS light which comes on due to the side airbags in the Type S seats (which, in process, seems to deactivate the front airbags.... not cool).

Has anyone put aftermarket seats into a Type S?

Member Array
    Car:
    No caR?
    i want my type s seats to sit lower too aye.. its like a bloody 4wd atm hahaha

yeah go on crsx bro.. heaps of fellas done it in the states aye

I've been searching for days now mate, can't find a thing on lowering the stock seats (no "finished threads" anyway).

I'm guessing it's just a matter of going to see the local auto re-trimmer....

I don't really know what the type s seats look like at the bottom, but My recaro's are using super low rails from Bride. If your Type S mounting points are the same as an SR4 recaro, you might be able to use them too.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 EG Vti w/ B18c2
    Just as an aside, if anyone is looking to sell their stock type S seats, PM me!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC4
    bump on this thread...

i have the type s dc5 seats in my car (Dc4) and its like im sitting in a monstor truck or something!!

WHAT TO MODIFY ON THE DC5s SEATS TO MAKE THEM SIT LOWER!??

I really just want to do it for comfort. I find that I get the perfect position for my legs, but I am still slightly too far away from the steering wheel and I don't have a great deal of headroom.

I can bear it, it's not that bad, but I would love to be able to find a way to lower the seats.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be possible without some major modification of the seat rails though. The DC5S seats are actually welded/rivoted to the rails. This is so the driver adjustment knob is able to raise or lower the seat.

I've been reading up on threads where guys have installed these seats into ek and eg Civics as well as da Integras and they've literally needed to take a hammer to the seats after taking them apart to get them mounted directly to the rail.

Whatever the solution is, it won't be easy... which is a little disappointing for a tall guy like me.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    correct me if im wrong but i think on the sr4 the bottom seat mounting holes to the rails are the same as sr3, as ppl use sr3 rails to mount sr4 seats into their ek, dc2, etc. vision make super low rails for mounting recaro seats but not 100% sure if they have rails to suit the dc5.

edit: vision rails for the dc5 does seem to exist, i found one on ebay u.k., but try looking for local. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vision-Spoon-s...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by simonnowis; 20-06-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Vision makes rails for DC5 stock recaro. can you drill holes on the vision rail and rivot the stock seat onto it?

on mount the stock seat to a piece of thick metal and bolt that onto the rail?
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc