Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DBG Krogoth Array
    Car:
    M35
    Quote Originally Posted by Migoreng_Noodles View Post
    Thanks Nick. I'm seriously considering getting a pair of THESE. Nice clear front and amber corners. I'm too lazy for the brasso. Can anyone comment on these?
    i got these, and currently using HIDs too..all i did was lower the light beam much lower than usual, but it still gives the necessary light to the road...

here's how it looks:
    Team Yum Cha Daily

DBG - A New Revolution in Car Modding

Got any more pics bud?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by rayb3na_ View Post
    arent these just angel eyes?
    Yeah but where can you get angel eyes from.... i've seen US ones but aren't they angled differently or something liek that??

*Edit*
    I found these
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...m180251764336&

but they don't shit to australia but they are the halo projector style ones that i want... unless i get them shipped to my aunty who lives in New york then get them shipped to here...hmm
    Last edited by eg5civic; 14-06-2008 at 10:09 PM.

> I'm too lazy for the brasso.

After buffing mine for half an hour, I can hear what your saying.

It's easier than working with wiring looms, though

> Can an auto electrician check the wiring? One of my wiring rooms into the left headlight is a bit damp and damaged...

I really don't think there's nothing wrong with your vehicle.

An auto sparky can definitely check your wiring, but, I doubt there's anything wrong other than no longer being shiny and new.

You can DIY if you wish.

Measure the voltage directly across your battery, then measure the voltage as close to your lamps as possible.

There should not be much of a difference.

The aim is to provide the lamps with as close to the maximum voltage as possible so they run at their hottest and thus brightest.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Also is it hard to gt HID's installed, Ie would i be able to do the wiring myself...

Are they worth the 200 odd dollars?

Member Array
    Car:
    MkV R32
    http://www.ozeparts.com.au/

don't know if these would work...

but go to that site, look up eg civic...and there are some with a projector housing.

EVOLUTIONOZ - The Australian Evo Community

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by zel05 View Post
    http://www.ozeparts.com.au/

don't know if these would work...

but go to that site, look up eg civic...and there are some with a projector housing.
    YEah but they are ugly, and they are $345...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93...9309QQtcZphoto
    The US ones are only $80 after converting.. which is a worry about quality but
    Then postage is $40 and i can get it posted to my relative over there who can then post me them.. so i'd get them here for around... 180 maybe?

Edit- i don't know what up with the inside of the light flashing orange though
    Last edited by eg5civic; 18-06-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    HID's were made for prejector housings, not for reflector housings. Reflector housings will create uneven lights dispersion and hot&cold spots. The light pattern is intense in the center of the beam focus and fades as it disperses away from that center of focus.

Projector housings will create even light dispersion and sharp cut-off. The combo of HID's and projectors create a light that is not offensively bright yet is very affective in lighting up roads and highlighting reflectors (road dimples, license plates, taillights and roadsigns). The light travels further and the dropoff is more consistent and linear when compared to a regular bulb in a reflector housing, who's light doesn't travel as far, and the dropoff is exponential, meaning that the light is offensively bright close-up, yet inneffective at a longer range.

Coupling a HID bulb with a reflector housing is like mixing oil and water. The reflector will cause the HID bulb emitted light to behave in a way it was not designed for. This mainly results in very offensive bright hotspots in peoples faces, poor dropoff performance (less covered distance), weak illumination on the focus point of the beam, and unneccassary illumination to the sides of the headlight.
    what about the selected cars that have HID's wihtout projectors ?
    like the R34gtr's ?

not all HID's are made for projectors
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Hey Nick

Sorry for an old thread bump/question, I was just hoping you could clarify something for me from THIS thread I started a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by nd55 View Post
    > Can an auto electrician check the wiring? One of my wiring rooms into the left headlight is a bit damp and damaged...

I really don't think there's nothing wrong with your vehicle.
    The aim is to provide the lamps with as close to the maximum voltage as possible so they run at their hottest and thus brightest.
    So basically, I can confirm that my bulb connector for both my headlights are almost melted from water exposure. My right headlight no longer works and I remember when I replaced my left bulb that it too was severely damaged.

Can this cause bad visibility or low lighting output?

I was thinking, get both the left and right plug/harness/wiring replaced (which is all melted), new decent bulbs and those new projector style headlights I linked in the first post. Which should hopefully get me to almost new night visibility.

And I'll also take your advice and clean up the new 2nd hand headlights I pickup with a bit of elbow grease and brasso.

Question

So like, if I replace my H4 plug which is melted. If down the track if I go HIDs, will be have to re-do or get rid of this wiring?

In other words, it's costing me like $100 to get both the water melted plugs/harnesses replaced. Could I just get HID's now and save the $100? Or if I get HIDs, will I still need wiring harness working?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro, Civic EG SI
    you still need the wiring harness, as the hid kit still plugs into it to get the signal from the switch inside the car, of when to turn the kit on and off.