Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    A pillar rattle is real. I have it too. A nice whack on the inside of the A pillar and the noise goes away. I don't have curtain airbags though.
    Mine was coming from the intersection of the pillar and dash, right in the corner. Felt like the dash was hovering and so anything through the wheels was trasmitted into a rattle there. The foam fix the dealership performed for me seems to have worked well though.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    That's because the window is pressing tight against the panel, pushing it outwards and loosening things. If you tap the window button down quickly to slightly loosen the window, the rattle goes away.
    That seems to have fixed that annoying rattle, but its annoying itself to have to unwind it a little everytime lol

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    Might be worth checking the passenger seatbelt is in position properly, sometimes if its jammed between the seat and the B pillar it can cause rattling.
    Yes, I've definitely come across that trap for young players before. I couldn't believe it when I found the seatbelt hitting the B pillar.

But that aside there's definitely a rattle coming from the passenger side. Will give the A pillar a whack this weekend and get some lithium grease for the boot rattle.

Thanks for the help all.

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Any fixes for a small ticking noise/rattle from the top of the passenger b pillar

seems to be either inside the seatbelt mechanism or above?

really want to get this one sorted

Otherwise i think im now rattle free
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's in the seatbelt height adjuster. You can take the cover off and maybe grease it up to take up slack?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    It's in the seatbelt height adjuster. You can take the cover off and maybe grease it up to take up slack?
    Sometimes moving the seat belt adjuster to different positions helps get rid of the rattle.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    I had a rattle originating from the front passenger side. It was quite faint and only noticeable at higher speeds. You can barely hear it from the driver's side. I only noticed it sitting in the passenger seat when a family member took my car for a test run.
    I had my initial service today and honda said that they replaced the window lining. I am not sure if it has been fixed yet. I'll have to wait until I'm in the passenger seat again.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 2006 new look
    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one View Post
    I get three rattles:

1) the passenger A pillar area that has been discussed in length in this thread

2) when the driver window is down 1 - 3 inches I get a rattle near the door lock. when the window is up or down fully the rattle goes away.

3) I get a rattle which seems to be coming from the rear parcel shelf. It's not there all of the time and I've heard both on smooth and rough roads. It almost sounds like tapping two wire coat hangers together repeatedly. I've tried banging the parcel shelf a few times and even banging a few areas in the boot but the rattle is still there.

Any advice on the points 2 and 3?

How did you go with no 3?? I have the same problem in my Accord. But when I tap the rear shelf it makes noise like it was banging on sth underneath.
    Didnt talk to the dealer yet, just waiting for service time.
    But I think that I will have to fill the gap with foam or sth like that.
    Any one know how to unmount that shelf??

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzes213 View Post
    How did you go with no 3?? I have the same problem in my Accord. But when I tap the rear shelf it makes noise like it was banging on sth underneath.
    Didnt talk to the dealer yet, just waiting for service time.
    But I think that I will have to fill the gap with foam or sth like that.
    Any one know how to unmount that shelf??
    Is it a vibrating sound or a metal tapping/creaking sound? If it is the tapping/creaking, then do this:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=163
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 2006 new look
    I can hear it especially when going through rough surface such as cubes instead of asphalt. When I seat at the back and press rear shelf in the middle it goes down few mm until it touches metal underneath. so there is space beetween them which should be filled up. But how to do that. I couldnt find way to detouch rear shelf.
    Regards

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    anyone find that if they disengage the clutch on engagement point a little longer than normal the dash rattles really noisily?
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 2006 new look
    I had a look in tha boot and on the link/picture above the arrow is on the left hand side but in my case the noise is when the shelf is vibrating in the middle, not on the side. What to do?? Does any one know how to take it off and that fill the gap with foam or something like that????
    Regards
    Ramzes