Thread: hello everyone

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    nothing ATM

hello everyone

Hi all,
    My name is Simon and i am currently in the market for a Honda integra possibly a type R as my 98 civic is on its way out. my budget is about 20-24k.
    i have a quick question, are the values of honda integas on the redbook site accurate? because the advertised prices of integras on carsales.com seem to be very well above these prices.
    i look forward to talking with you all in the near future.
    Cheers,
    Simon.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSi
    welcome mate...wot type r do u want? dc2 or dc5
    WTB DC5R..... PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    nothing ATM
    thanks buddy.
    a DC5, probably looking at an 2002-2003 with very few mods.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSi
    what a coincidence, im looking for a dc5 too...they all seem to be starting at around 25k for a Type R from what i noticed and a lot more if they have fairly low k's.

Do you know the order of the dc5? like the type r, type s, luxury? Which ones are vtec and which arent???

Eg. DC4 (non vtec)-->DC2(vtec)-->DC2R (superbad ass vtec) Do you know what i mean? coz that might help with the price in terms of the ranking of the tegs? coz i have no idea the oder they go in???

By the way you have to remember that carsales section ud be looking at is private..that isnt the standard price for that model car, because people who sell there car, obviously want more for it and put it up for more...remember that u can bargain people do sometiimes a few grand...

Money talks...bullshit walks (just flash some cash and ull get the price ur after)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    nothing ATM
    i really dont have any idea about this DC stuff it is all a bit confusing and i cant seem to find an explanation on ozhonda. i thought all type r's where the same in their specific year model?
    i have a friend who is a massive integra enthusiast and i plan on using him to help get the right car but he is away in china for 2 weeks.
    ye i know what you mean about flash some cash but i just wish that they listed their cars at a more realistic price.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSi
    oh they are, what i mean was the integra from 1995-2000 are called DC2's....the DC4 is the non vtec one...the DC2 is the VTiR...and the DC2R is the Type R...i was just wondering the hierarchy for DC5's (new integra shape)..which ones are vtec and which arent? but thats cool i reckon ill just google it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    nothing ATM
    oh ye you raise a good point let me know when you find out!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Gli
    DC5R = Type R VTEC
    DC5S = Type S VTEC
    I'm a sex addict, its my cross to bear. Its a real disease with doctors and medicine and everything.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSi
    yea i kno there both vtec but there are just standard DC5s yea? the non type r or type s are they vtec or not...coz im think there are 3 DC5s

Standard (like a GSi)
    Type R
    Type S