Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    well you cant really go wrong for 10bucks...

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    you must have gotten a discount, they're retailed at $14.95 on the website, $13 if you buy 2

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    you know how you've spliced the sub input cables with the rear speakers, would there be any issues with the splice? would the signal be strong enough to hit the amp plus the rear speakers?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    the signal doesnt change by splicing the wires...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    would this work the same with a FD1 07 civic? coz my friend wants to do pretty much the same thing and i was thinking this was the way to do this! but it didnt cross my mind that u needed a killswitch for the amp! damn stock HU!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    yeh did exact same in my old FD2...
    kill switch isnt that hard all u do is cut the remote wire in half and wire each end to a switch...
    FD2 you just run the remote cable off the cigarette lighter which i later did in my FN2..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    at the end of your tutorial (thanks for making it btw ) you said theres a cigarette lighter in ur boot?! but im guessing just pull out the ciggie lighter in the dash and wire a killswitch there

im a bit inexperienced when it comes to the newer cars.. so much easier to just get an aftermarket HU!
    Last edited by shinji112; 19-06-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    dont worry i learned from trial and error with my FD...

yeh so u just get the remote wire and wire it in to the ciggie lights...

then split in two..

heres my dodgy little pic

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD08
    I installed a sub and amp yesterday to get more bass on my FD1. I pretty much followed where to wire the amp remote on the brown cable of the brake pedals but I just noticed today ever time I hit the brakes the sub cuts off. My wife was actually laughing as she noticed it and I told her I need to drive without braking. Too late to rewire now and will try to fix it next week .
    I will update next weekend if the Brown cable on the FD1 actually cuts power when brake pedal is press.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Hey LD_Mart i just hooked up my sub and amp but i am still getting bass through my stock speakers how do i stop this?

Im using an alpine converter atm..... would the jay car converter fix this problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    which alpine converter there is quite a few...
    but a high low converter take low frequencies from the speakers and puts them to the sub.
    i think the alpine ones keep the same sound coming from the speakers and still takes low frequencies to the sub.
    but u should be able to tune it...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    I may have miss interperate my self correctly.

I can tune the sub through my amp for only low frequencies to go to my sub, but my stock speakers are from my stock hu which i would like to reduce the bass coming from that.

I have talked to a few people and the best thing to do is to get a new hu and another amp with new speakers. I think this is the option i will take.... even though it will cost me another 1grand or abit more..