Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down S2000 Front and Rear Strut Braces

I am wondering if any any s2000 owners here have front and rear strut brace installed?? Do they work??

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberts2k View Post
    I am wondering if any any s2000 owners here have front and rear strut brace installed?? Do they work??
    Hmmmm, well considering the car doesn't have struts I doubt strut braces are going to do much.

The front strut braces are merely cosmetic. The tops of the shock towers are not a part of the suspension geometry as the car uses double wish bones.

The rear strut brace is not even cosmetic because you can't see it. And if you could see it you'd see there is already one there.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    lol pwnd.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    ask fly about the 4 point strut he is selling

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    you would 'feel' more of a noticeable gain in terms of handling from the whiteline underbody brace. It has had excellent reviews and upgrading the stock front and rear swaybars.

i have had all of the above mentioned. Atm my car is running on coilovers, with cusco front (32mm) and rear (30mm) sways and the car handles really well from my viewpoint. I also had the whiteline brace at one stage and it did make the front end feel alot sharper in turning but due to my ride height it was copping a fair bit of abuse.

As AusS2000 mentioned a strut is kinda pointless, mainly due to that main support beam we have in the engine bay, but i did have a cusco front stut brace and then had a 4 point strut. I think i actually did feel some improvement in handling from the 4 point strut.... but that then again could be a placebo affect

Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    you would 'feel' more of a noticeable gain in terms of handling from the whiteline underbody brace. It has had excellent reviews and upgrading the stock front and rear swaybars.

i have had all of the above mentioned. Atm my car is running on coilovers, with cusco front (32mm) and rear (30mm) sways and the car handles really well from my viewpoint. I also had the whiteline brace at one stage and it did make the front end feel alot sharper in turning but due to my ride height it was copping a fair bit of abuse.

As AusS2000 mentioned a strut is kinda pointless, mainly due to that main support beam we have in the engine bay, but i did have a cusco front stut brace and then had a 4 point strut. I think i actually did feel some improvement in handling from the 4 point strut.... but that then again could be a placebo affect

Thx for your detail information, FLY.

As my budget is limited and i saw front strut bar is being sold at Ebay. I am wondering if any one bought them from Ebay before. I found that the design of it is very similar to Cusco one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    ebay ones are useless. Strut braces that are welded like the cusco ti and carbing would probably work better than those 2 piece struts. Better off putting that money towards a set of coilovers of whiteline F&R sways.

pm ludecrs as he sells the whiteline stuff for pretty cheap

Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    ebay ones are useless. Strut braces that are welded like the cusco ti and carbing would probably work better than those 2 piece struts. Better off putting that money towards a set of coilovers of whiteline F&R sways.

pm ludecrs as he sells the whiteline stuff for pretty cheap

Thx for your comments, FLY.

As i found that the one on ebay is non adjustable (weld at 2 ends) and like the cusco one and the feedbacks of that ebay seller's strut braces are not bad, that is the reason for why I took that into my consideration.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Hmmmm, well considering the car doesn't have struts I doubt strut braces are going to do much.

The front strut braces are merely cosmetic. The tops of the shock towers are not a part of the suspension geometry as the car uses double wish bones.

The rear strut brace is not even cosmetic because you can't see it. And if you could see it you'd see there is already one there.
    Not quite sure what you're getting at? The top of my s2000 struts are bolted to the strut tower. When you fit a strut brace you are trying to increase torsional rigidity in order to reduce front-end chassis flex. Reducing chassis flex between right and left suspension will result in reduced dynamic alignment variation, which results in improved cornering. Strut braces are not only for cars using macpherson strut-type suspension.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    ^ Yeah I too was wondering what Aus2000 was on about.
    He seems a little confused...

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    His not confused his 100% spot on. It's been covered many times on S2ki though some people still argue that there is a difference and they can "feel it"
    On the s2000 the suspension is not called "struts" we have fully independent double wishbone suspension.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    The top of the shocks/springs that bolt to the top of the body in the engine bay are called what?
    It carries the load of the suspension does it not?

Although the body and chassis is very stiff alot of owners say they can feel improvement in stiffness and rigidity..

Is a civic and integra double wishbone independent.....