Unhappy URgent~Transfering NSW Rego in brisbane

HI guys,

Do you guys know how can i transfer nsw rego to my name ( not transferring to qld rego) in brisbane~??? i'm so confusing~

Cheers~~~

Member Array
    Car:
    So your in Brisbane and you just purchased a car from Sydney and you wish to keep the rego in NSW rego?
    unless you have Sydney resident (living in Sydney), you cant keep the car under Sydney rego except register it with someone that lives in Sydney.

Im not sure if its the same in QLD but to get QLD rego on your NSW registered car, you must cancelled NSW rego and return number plate(s) to RTA, then go thru the normal processors; blue slip, pink slip and CTP, your local RTA will issue you new number plates.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevaichan View Post
    HI guys,

Do you guys know how can i transfer nsw rego to my name ( not transferring to qld rego) in brisbane~??? i'm so confusing~

Cheers~~~
    simply NO... you need to be a resident in Sydney in order to register a car (under NSW plate)!

Why do you want to do it anyway>?
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    I gotta agree with jamchen
    why would you want to do that?

Im quiet sure Brisbane rego is a HECK lot cheaper than Sydney.

i'm purchasing a car that is carrying nsw plate in brisbane
    coz i'm transferring to Sydney on Oct...what can i do?

How about i transfer my qld rego into nsw rego, would that be easier? how would i do that? do i need to give the qld plate back to the qld department?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevaichan View Post
    How about i transfer my qld rego into nsw rego, would that be easier? how would i do that? do i need to give the qld plate back to the qld department?
    You are against yourself... you said you bought a car in QLD which is carrying NSW rego.. right?

Then i think the easiest way is to register the car into QLD rego and get QLD plate for the 4 months until Oct as the law states you need to do the transferring of ownership within 14 days of purchase or something like that...

Then once you have transferred/moved to NSW.. do the same procedure again.. and they should be able to refund the QLD rego you paid upfront.. and then get NSW rego plates... end of sentence.
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Quote Originally Posted by jamchen View Post
    You are against yourself... you said you bought a car in QLD which is carrying NSW rego.. right?

Then i think the easiest way is to register the car into QLD rego and get QLD plate for the 4 months until Oct as the law states you need to do the transferring of ownership within 14 days of purchase or something like that...

Then once you have transferred/moved to NSW.. do the same procedure again.. and they should be able to refund the QLD rego you paid upfront.. and then get NSW rego plates... end of sentence.
    O.....thanks jamiechen and sorry for my fault~

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    why would u want to do dat ???

QLD rego is so fcuken damn cheap ... dat why im still using QLD rego for my eg

im only paying $520 a year for rego WITH greenslip with australia limited or someshit, which is the QLD branch of NRMA

in NSW i my green slip alone is $600+ plus rego abt $300ish ... and pinkslip every year

QLD rego ... u jus gotta pay the fee and they send u the rego

plus u need a NSW licence to transfer it on ur name

Quote Originally Posted by Samo View Post
    why would u want to do dat ???

QLD rego is so fcuken damn cheap ... dat why im still using QLD rego for my eg

im only paying $520 a year for rego WITH greenslip with australia limited or someshit, which is the QLD branch of NRMA

in NSW i my green slip alone is $600+ plus rego abt $300ish ... and pinkslip every year

QLD rego ... u jus gotta pay the fee and they send u the rego

plus u need a NSW licence to transfer it on ur name
    Can the qld gov send ur rego to nsw ??
    and what is greenslip and pinkslip and blueslip????
    Can we use qld rego in nsw for a long period of time?
    Last edited by stevevaichan; 25-06-2008 at 12:07 PM. Reason: rearrange

Member Array
    Car:
    greenslip is CTP insurance, pinkslip to check road worthy of car.
    blueslip is a full inspection, check if vin/engine all matches the car.