Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by mikul_ha View Post
    gruppems are short ram intakes (SRI), only difference to other SRI's is that it has a heat shield box and the scoop. example of a CAI is an injen, a pipe running from the throttle body down to the front bumper where the filter sits.

SRI's are more responsive then CAI's, as the length of the pipe is shorter. But a CAI will give better gains when you hit the top end as cooler air is getting sucked in compared to a SRI which sits inside the engine bay and sucks in hot air (heatsoak).

The gruppem is considered the best intake off the shelf for the dc5r because it has the response of a SRI, and works like a CAI ie sucking in cold air via the scoop. The heat shield box also helps!

I think thats right lol dont quote me ..
    so can i effectively call it a SRCAI LOL
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Cold air-fed SRI. That's a CASRI? haha
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    im getting mine next week
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

ok digging up and old thread... so quite a few people had these on their cars for some time now. anyone had any other problems? I've heard of some BMW owners having problems with the MAF sensor after they installed gruppeM intakes on their cars (yes i know it's a different design and car though).

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    the sensor on the gruppem for a dc5 model doesn't get touched and i had it for about a year without 1 problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    ok digging up and old thread... so quite a few people had these on their cars for some time now. anyone had any other problems? I've heard of some BMW owners having problems with the MAF sensor after they installed gruppeM intakes on their cars (yes i know it's a different design and car though).
    This is probably due to them over oiling the K & N filter that Gruppe M intakes use and the excess oil messing up a hot wire style MAF. This does not apply to any of our Honda's as far as I know because we do not have airflow meters generally.

I have had my Gruppe M on for over 2 years and the only problem I had was that the aluminium heat shield snapped in half when I was taking it out once.