Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F

Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro76 View Post
    The reason why I said raw was referring to how hard VTEC kicks in. Forgive me if you did not understand, it's just my way of describing things. Compared to CL9 I've driven my friend's Civic EK9 VTiR and its VTEC kicks harder than CL9. I guess CL9 only kicks in way softer.
    Try to guess when is vtec. I can't tell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q19wN4fWFqs
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Try to guess when is vtec. I can't tell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q19wN4fWFqs
    Bad recording?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Thanks for the exterior shots! Have to say, looks hot in that colour . But isn't it called Volcano Grey? Or do they call it Volcanic Ash over west side?

The stock grill looks quite nice, especially in person. I'm glad we didn't end up with the Acura one, and it also looks better than the sport grill, in my opinion anyway.

Lets see what Mugen come up with!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ShAwNeX View Post
    Bad recording?
    Sony Digital8 video camera.
    Even when I am driving, I can't hear a change in engine note as I pass 6000rpm.

What about in this vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ql6e9K1X9k
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post
    Thanks for the exterior shots! Have to say, looks hot in that colour . But isn't it called Volcano Grey? Or do they call it Volcanic Ash over west side?

The stock grill looks quite nice, especially in person. I'm glad we didn't end up with the Acura one, and it also looks better than the sport grill, in my opinion anyway.

Lets see what Mugen come up with!
    Haha, just checked the brochure and yes, Volcano Grey.
    All the dealers over here seem to call it volcanic ash! I must change it...

Grill is fine. Yes to mugen!!!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ql6e9K1X9k
    I can feel the VTEC change over but I've not really paid much attention at what revs this happens. In terms of the engine note, I can only hear it revving at a faster rate.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    VTec crossover on CU2 is supposed to be 5300RPM.Type R Positive is this so?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT
    The CU2 Euro is definitely wider than CL9, that means more shoulder room. I like it, giving sporty appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    2006 CL9 Accord Euro 6MT - Nighthawk Black Pearl
    Mods: | 5,000k Polarg HID Bulb | PIAA LED Licence Plate & Parking Light Bulb |

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT
    I can hear VTEC kicks in slowly maybe you press gas pedal deeper in slow way?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Great review!

I happened to test the manual new euro this morning. What a cracking drive! Very impressed. I especially loved the gearbox - the shifter is in a nicer position and it is such a sweet sweet gear change.

The engine also feels completely different. It revs so much more freely it has to be seen to be believed how different it is - it just spins and spins through the rev range FAST. I wonder whether they have lightened the flywheel in addition to the shorter gear ratios.

Power is actually pretty good (a compliment considering my last car was a 6litre v8) - the car moves along very nicely indeed. I can see how some people would say the new model is faster because it revs so much more freely and the accelerator is more responsive to input. HOWEVER - looking at the speedo carefully I am not convinced it accelerates faster. Very similar to the old model actually - maybe slower. The short gear ratios confused my sense of pace. It is probably like the new Civic type R - people test drive one and think it is a rocket because it revs so easily - but put it against the clock and it is 0-100 in 7.5 seconds.

The car is quieter and more compliant over bumps and pot holes. Great improvement in ride and cabin noise.

The HUGE leap forward is in the steering feel and the handling. This new euro changes direction and corners similar to a CL9 with coilovers and sway bars. It is flatter around corners and just loves to change direction. Stock for stock there is no comparison between the old and new in the handling department.

Overall Honda is on to a real winner here. Value for money is outstanding and I really enjoyed how the new model drives. The manual is a real drivers car. If it had 30kw more power it would be outstanding. Notwithstanding that, would I consider buying one? Hell yeah, this is a great car.
    Last edited by yfin; 28-06-2008 at 10:27 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT

What about in this vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ql6e9K1X9k
    Although you did not hear a change in engine note but I can hear that the engine rev quite faster than normal on high rpm. I think that's when VTEC kicks.