Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z

Dry ICE.......where to get??

Hi guys..........i need some dry ice to get ride of sound deadening on the floor of my project car...........anyone know where to get that crap from.......hope its not expensive.

trying to prep it to looking like this.

thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    sorry i dont know what dry ice is.
    but yea why dont you use the paint sound deadener. I saw it at Supercheap auto or something.
    BTW what type of car is it? its LHD.. its gotta manual gear stick but has no clutch?

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 Prelude
    Ummm, not sure you read this right. He wants to get rid of the sound deadening, like remove..

Dry Ice or, CO2, should be able to get it from gas chem places, like BOC, maybe www.yellowpages.com will give you numbers to call

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    yeh i'll let my fingers do the walking this wkend as well i guess...........

is an old vw.......that pic off a the similar car in US so its LHD.

thanks

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    You could pop into the Physics building at the University of Sydney (or most uni's infact) and give say a few $$$ to get a bit of dry ice
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    BOC gas retail outlets. There are a few around. I did the same thing to remove all my sound deadening. Think it was $5 + gst per kilo of dried ice. I used about 4kg to do all my 1988 honda civic, with some to spare. Ring up the places first though, coz I think only some places sell it by the kilo, other sell by the pallet I think.

Makes getting the sound deadening off very easy. Just put it on, wait 2 min then get a flat scewdriver and it all just pops off. Wear gloves though, I didn't first time and its a pain in the arse, coz that stuff is really cold. Also it all evaporates, so you dont need to be to carefully fully cleaning it all up.

Hope this helps, have fun

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    ...make sure you use it in a ventilated area tho - you dont want CO2 poisoning...

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    Quote Originally Posted by ekslut
    BOC gas retail outlets. There are a few around. I did the same thing to remove all my sound deadening. Think it was $5 + gst per kilo of dried ice. I used about 4kg to do all my 1988 honda civic, with some to spare. Ring up the places first though, coz I think only some places sell it by the kilo, other sell by the pallet I think.

Makes getting the sound deadening off very easy. Just put it on, wait 2 min then get a flat scewdriver and it all just pops off. Wear gloves though, I didn't first time and its a pain in the arse, coz that stuff is really cold. Also it all evaporates, so you dont need to be to carefully fully cleaning it all up.

Hope this helps, have fun
    sweet guys thanks for the help..........nice to hear someone's been through the process.

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    CO2 inside coke bottle filled with water or any other liquid make for some nice *Bangs*

NOTE: PLEASE DONT TRY THIS OUT.. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS!!!!