Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by czy_sol87 View Post
    yeh no codes
    yeh a pic would be good just not too sure which hole ur talking about

i've already blocked off the hole at the top of the tb where others have said the map sensor is suppost to be...
    oh really, sorry that was the hole i was talking about. u shouldnt have problems if there r no leaks now. what did u block it off with?

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    just a spare bolt
    when i start the car it idles at 1.5k, then once i start driving a bit at moves up to 2k rpm

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    just a spare bolt
    when i start the car it idles at 1.5k, then once i start driving a bit at moves up to 2k rpm
    oh ok, u sure it seals? i sort of did that, then actually used a gasket and properly tightened my blank and then it was sweet. u sure there is not possibilty of a leak?

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    Quote Originally Posted by egSi View Post
    oh ok, u sure it seals? i sort of did that, then actually used a gasket and properly tightened my blank and then it was sweet. u sure there is not possibilty of a leak?
    could be that bolt, i might try some type of gasket sealer on it
    but i noticed that i didnt effect the rev's when i held my finger over it, so that might not be it
    plus if it was a vac leak the engine would try and stay on when i cover the TB, but it doesnt just stalls straight away
    i have a feeling its the IACV cause they usually stuff up on these old hondas

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    fair enough man. i wish i could help more.

but as u said the finger thing, i did that and noticed nothing but when i used the gasket and got a perfect seal.

oh well, i hope its the IACV so its fixed. check ur plugs after, remember

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    check that air sensor on the manifold, sometimes ppl put the IACV plug into the air sensor then it pops and also check the throttle body gasket if its on the right way

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    all sensors are on properly
    if they were not then the ecu would throw a code and engine check light would be on

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    any news on this mate?

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    nah dude, been busy at work havent had time to work on the car, but i'm gonna get a workin iacv in the next couple of days, hopefully that works

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    nah dude, been busy at work havent had time to work on the car, but i'm gonna get a workin iacv in the next couple of days, hopefully that works
    ok cool i hope thats it. plz let me know

i like to read/hear about b16s (wish it was better news tho lol)

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    i went down to AK Motorworks yesturday and andy had a quick look for me (thanks for that dude)
    he rekons there is a vac leak somewhere, also iacv is on its way, so his suggestion was to check all vac hoses etc again and make sure there are no leaks, then once i've solved the vac leak problem to get a new iacv
    i'll take a look next time i got some free time so hopefully i'll have this problem fixed within the next week or so
    will keep u guys updated on my procress

i went down to AK Motorworks yesturday and andy had a quick look for me (thanks for that dude)
    he rekons there is a vac leak somewhere, also iacv is on its way, so his suggestion was to check all vac hoses etc again and make sure there are no leaks, then once i've solved the vac leak problem to get a new iacv
    i'll take a look next time i got some free time so hopefully i'll have this problem fixed within the next week or so
    will keep u guys updated on my procress
    i had this problem before and what caused it was the gasket between the IM and TB.it didnt fit well so i had the get a new gasket from honda.$8 and faulty TPS after ive changed both everythings all good.