Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F

[CU2] 5th Gear Honda Accord Euro review!

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain....Honda%20Accord
    Not much info, but I'd like to see the TV program!
    Man, that chick can drive!!!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic GLI 2003
    why did they say the worst engine is the 2.4 I-VTEC? The one that we have here?

Most fun: 2.0-litre i-VTEC
    Most sensible: 2.2-litre i-DTEC
    Worst: 2.4-litre i-VTEC
    lol.....

it's available with a 156bhp 2.0 petrol, an all-new 150bhp 2.2 i-DTEC diesel and a 201bhp 2.4 litre petrol, of which the diesel is expected to be the best-seller.
    The 2.0 doesnt seems to be the euro r version.... kinda low in power...

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain....section=&show=

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    The 2.0 doesnt seems to be the euro r version.... kinda low in power...

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain....section=&show=
    No Euro-R.
    The 2.0 is the POS fuel saving model. Im glad we don't get that!!!
    The Manual Diesel would be it! (when they make it)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Auto Sat Nav '10
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    No Euro-R.
    The Manual Diesel would be it! (when they make it)

Cant wait that long lol.. The review was good otherwise but yeah the comment re the 2.4 was a bit odd? I thought. They LOVED the steering lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECJimStar View Post
    Cant wait that long lol.. The review was good otherwise but yeah the comment re the 2.4 was a bit odd? I thought. They LOVED the steering lol.
    I love the steering! You definately notice it when you drive another car! On my Prado, you can feel every tiny bump/vibration through the wheel. You can't on CU2. Is this a bad thing?

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    on the prado isnt it supposed to be smooth ? and feel no bumps ? but imo with me, i'd prefer it when i did feel bumps etc i feel more glued to the road then when its heaps smooth.
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by r-r-redEuro View Post
    on the prado isnt it supposed to be smooth ? and feel no bumps ? but imo with me, i'd prefer it when i did feel bumps etc i feel more glued to the road then when its heaps smooth.
    Yes, Prado is smooth. But it night and day difference compared to CU2.
    CU2 steering is odd at first, but heaps easy to get used to. So smooooth!
    I can see why poeple don't like it though.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    I love the steering! You definately notice it when you drive another car! On my Prado, you can feel every tiny bump/vibration through the wheel. You can't on CU2. Is this a bad thing?
    No! Is good, da? The CU2 is sounding better and better. Personally, I've outgrown steering feedback (and f&%@$*^ tramlining!!!) that seems to be desired by motoring journalists. Give me the smooth dead but direct feel that you describe. I first experienced the smooth dead but direct feel with the new CR-V; then the new Accord and now the new Euro (and loved it). Honda is doing well in my books!
    Last edited by SPQR; 08-07-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Con brio!
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECJimStar View Post
    The brits are like that. Even with the CL9, their ranking was 2.2 diesel, 2.0 petrol and 2.4 petrol from best to worse.

Edit: I see no mention of the 2.4L in that fifthgear review, only at the end with the fun, sensible and worst. I bet they didn't even touch the 2.4L. LOL
    Last edited by aaronng; 08-07-2008 at 10:47 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Accord Euro 5AT
    I love the steering feel on my CL9, the idiots in the motoring magazine always criticise Hondas for steering feedback. The CL9 (their point of view) - responses very well to the inputs but lacks feedback... Pah! - that is why I hate reading wheels , motor or online resources etc..

I found the CL9' steering pretty quick and light at first, but after owning the car for 3 years now - it is very communicative and feedback is good. Just a thought, if you have gotten used to a car for some time like say CL9 or even the new CU2 - the car feels great to drive and there is none of the 'faults' that the journalists mention - then would you think that they are uttering nothing but bs - like not testing it properly or are being biased?

I reckon the CU2 would be great to drive, hrmm maybe next time when I take my CL9 to service - I'll go book a test drive at the dealership .

When I want to see how a car is good to drive - test drive is the best: I wouldn't read the biased and bs from motoring magazines for their point of view of the car.