Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks you guys
    Do i need to consider anything else when install flywheel, is it just bolt on and play or do need to set it on a certain point?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by VTec1987 View Post
    Thanks you guys
    Do i need to consider anything else when install flywheel, is it just bolt on and play or do need to set it on a certain point?
    Make sure you get a clutch diameter that matches your flywheel. For my car, there were 2 possible different sizes, one for K20A and another for K24A, so I had to make sure both were the matching diameter. Another option is to balance the clutch pressure plate to the flywheel.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Is that all i need to consider, i got a Flywheel + Clutch package so im pretty sure it will be the right one.

So its pretty much plug and play

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/K20a & EK/B18cR
    its a great upgrade i got one in my eg revs excellent the only disadvantage is that its too good

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Hasn't this been covered?

But yes... very worth while mod. Engine braking and throttle response is noticably increased. As mentioned, you'll need a bit more revs to pull off. Not much at all... maybe 200RPM or so. Didn't affect daily driving at all.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by VTec1987 View Post
    Is that all i need to consider, i got a Flywheel + Clutch package so im pretty sure it will be the right one.

So its pretty much plug and play
    Also, replace your clutch release bearing and make sure you lube up the input shaft bearing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Vti-R
    I ran a Toda one in my VTI-R Teg. Great mod! Once you feel the weight of the std one....wow!

these are really good on honda's which from the get go dont produce much torque. So the less rotating mass the more efficient the engine : )

Yep combined with an ATS FD would make for an awesome setup!!
    Last edited by HondaLva; 14-07-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: error

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Black DC2R
    does anyone know if when they hand balanced the DC2R's engine whether they did it with the flywheel on? Cos if they did then wouldnt swapping the flywheel for a non stock flywheel upset the balance?

or are flywheels VERY VERY balanced and make d!ck all difference to any engine balance?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by 00dc2 View Post
    does anyone know if when they hand balanced the DC2R's engine whether they did it with the flywheel on? Cos if they did then wouldnt swapping the flywheel for a non stock flywheel upset the balance?
    I doubt the flywheel is balanced to the piston, rods and crank. Think about it, you have 2 pistons and rods going up, and 2 going down, plus one of the pistons is having a controlled explosion pushing it downwards with more force than the other 3. Don't think you can balance the flywheel to that. The only balancing you'd probably do is when you mate the clutch pressure plate to the flywheel.

Wonder if it has negative effects on top end speeds or downhill situations?

Itd deff be better for accel and uphill...wouldnt have as much inertia though to carry speed,either may, itd probably be minimal.

I'd think that the weight of the car would contribute more so to its intertia down hill then a lightened flywheel?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by K20A DC5 View Post
    Wonder if it has negative effects on top end speeds or downhill situations?

Itd deff be better for accel and uphill...wouldnt have as much inertia though to carry speed,either may, itd probably be minimal.
    This is not true. I think it is only video games that use that and the loss of ability to accelerate uphill as the disadvantage of lightweight flywheels.

Your top end speed is limited by your gear ratio, wind resistance and enough power to overcome that wind resistance.