Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    I am not talking 11s in street trim and condition..

a Street car that you could take to the drags, Throw on a set of slicks... Maybe have a tune for race fuel (high boost) ... possible a shot of nitrous
    can be done in n/a form.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Refer to this thread for my ideal FWD street/drag car: LINK. Looks relatively close to street legal in Australia too. Not cheap to build I imagine.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    ALthought i find that car very impressive. I think some people are missinterpretating the aim of this thred.

Im not asking "what cars will run 11s" ... more like... "Cars that run 11s, what enables them to do so"

If that makes sence?
    Last edited by Sexc86; 08-07-2008 at 03:55 PM.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    The point is, there are simple things that make a car fast over the 1/4 and they are power and weight. But to have a car that is legal and those things is a compromise on legality.

If you just want a car that you can drive every day, then go to the drags and change wheels, strip the interior, and change the suspension settings then that is achievable NA as has been said. In turbo form it is easier. But again, it will be a compromise. You need to reduce weight and try and have a progressive power delivery. A setup that has nothing under 5000rpm and then makes full boost of 20psi at 6,000rpm is going to end up in wheelspin city unless you are able to get that power to the ground with a big set of slicks and properly set up suspension. Part of that suspension setup is a set of strong and very taught engine mounts. Solid is best but for a street car its not possible.

More later.
    Last edited by grumpy rooster; 08-07-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Thanks mate exact sort of info i am looking for

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    BLKCRX was ADR/EPA approved running 11's all street legal, interior although no air con but just get a air con turbo kit.. 11's are easy, its the 10's where its harder

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    BLKCRX was ADR/EPA approved running 11's all street legal, interior although no air con but just get a air con turbo kit.. 11's are easy, its the 10's where its harder
    Ask him how much R&D went in to that & how much was truly spent on it.

BTW have u got any pics of your 11sec FWD honda,I'd like to see them?

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    Refer to this thread for my ideal FWD street/drag car: LINK. Looks relatively close to street legal in Australia too. Not cheap to build I imagine.

bar the rollcage, no headlight and non-existant bonnet?

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    jdmyard civic.. enough said lol that thing is awesomeeeeee

i think this thread is just a big misunderstanding.... yous are debating two completely diffrent things.. both are right... i think its best to agree to disgaree

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by RICER23Q View Post
    bar the rollcage, no headlight and non-existant bonnet?
    I said relatively . Also a correctly designed roll cage is perfectly legal in some states. I think that swapping out a headlight and a velocity stack at the track is an acceptable compromise for a bit of speed.

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post

this is the gen 2 crx version of hassy MRK24R's car lol

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    any benefits on power delivery or strait line driving with things like strut braces / sway bars. I know the obvious reaons why not. Being a more handelling mod. But would there be and stressing/flexing between the strut towers side/side that a strut brace would help minimise?

or would this really be excess weight?