Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yes these are common with preface lift integras as they have a high pressure abs system. after a couple of years the pump starts to give up because theres always alot of pressure in these systems and these things cost a fortune to replace..whereas the new abs systems are low pressure systems which is alot better and dont cost much at all.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    if you have the old high pressure system and the pump over runs then yoru accumulator is probably at fault. they are not majorly expensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3->EK1->DC2->
    Quote Originally Posted by freakatronic View Post
    See, my mechanic told me that it's the ABS pump...that's why I think it is.

@ Specialst: I've had my brakes bled and I'm aware that there's some air in my lines. I thought the worst this would lead to was a slightly spongier brake pedal, but does this count as having my brake fluid not topped up or whatever?
    hi tronic
    if there is still air in the lines then, yes brake pedal will be spongy. be sure there is no air in the lines cos if theres alot then the brakes may not work at all when u step on the pedal.

low brake fluid in the abs unit wouldnt cause a spongy pedal. that'd kill ur pump eventually.
    low brake fluid (below the 'low' mark') in ur normal brake reservoir would cause air to enter the lines which leads to a spongy pedal. anywhere in between 'low and max' is acceptable so they say.

if ur fluid level checks out, the brake master cylinder may be faulty and/or leaking. usually indicated by the 'sinking' of the brake pedal when u hold ur brakes at a stationary stop.
    OR
    ur brake booster is faulty.

hope this helps

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3->EK1->DC2->
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    if you have the old high pressure system and the pump over runs then yoru accumulator is probably at fault. they are not majorly expensive.
    hey ecu-man
    do the facelifted tegs have a low pressure abs unit? is a facelifted unit a direct swap with pre-lacelift abs unit?

btw. PM Sent

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    no Im pretty sure they are different, one user high pressure system the other uses the low pressure system..

sorry to hijack the thread, the same problem occured in my 95 cd5 and i disconnected the abs temporarily.

ECU-MAN, can you please let me know if there are seperate high/low pressure units for the pre-post face lift accords as well? and which one do you recommend, please pm me to keep it of this thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3->EK1->DC2->
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    no Im pretty sure they are different, one user high pressure system the other uses the low pressure system..
    so would i be able to get a low pressure unit to replace the current high pressure unit? would it be a direct swap n bleed??