Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    good time mate
    maybe next time wed nite test and tune will be better
    at least 6 runs
    its normally good on saturdays i have got up to 7 runs before...

but with jambo coming up i think all test and tunes will be busy

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    Quote Originally Posted by BADHBT View Post
    Looks like you need a set of slicks hmmmm 22x8x15 sounds nice, i think someone is selling it here.............. OHH ITS ME..... you want!
    pm me for details

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    They'll be too small for the Poosar's power. You'd want 24.5's.

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    cheers mate

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Milad should buy them though.

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    this is true haha

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Slicks means the times you achieve are no longer comparable to other road registered cars... then there's the stress on driveshafts and CV's etc...

Nah... I just need some higher profile tyres on some smaller rims. I have some 185/60/14's that have been hardening in the garage for about 11 yrs but I was hoping somebody may have something younger and softer in a 14" or 15"...

The previous owner apparently ran 13.78@98mph with a 2.04 60 ft. Don't know about rubber... If he had run slicks tho you would expect a time more than .25 of a second faster than mine. Mph is similar too. I think he prob just had a little more sidewall - and more runs!

As for leaving my car, yes I don't think it's a brilliant idea, but I got there at 7:25pm and had 2 runs, 9:09 and 9:59pm, meaning l-o-n-g waits and lots of wandering from everybody. The lanes still move at the same place of course, as any other night with 6 lanes open, but I did spend a lot of time rugged up leaning against the car or behind the wheel of a stationary EG!

Claymore... I'm jealous! You must be a richer breed than I!!!

I'll be up at Willowbank again in about a month or so, mid to late August, on a Wednesday, say 14/8 or 20/8... Be nice to organise for some othre Hondas to be there!
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    Omg...all your runs is more than my breakfast meal to my current age...damn..wtf..

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I have been racing (legally) at NHRA sanctioned Drag Strips since 1965 (first runs with a drivers license but there were some before that with no license very easy back in the old days) every week until 1990 during the months of April - Oct. ( have to stop racing when it SNOWS LOL) So figure it out 25 years and average 4 weeks a month and 7 months a year so that's 28 days a year times at least 25 years so that's 700 opportunities and at least 3 time trials a day plus at least 3 elimination runs per weekend so six runs (average) per day so just for you 4200 times but then there were a few rain outs so lets call it 4,000 times when going every weekend but after 1990 sporadic trips to the track so lets even it out at 5,000 ACTUAL RACING FOR COMPETITION runs runs down the track for me Then we could count the OZ style test and tune runs but who counts RACES with no competition?? But then we could count the "Off track clandestine, late evening, runs" and add a few but Ben would edit them out.

How many have you made????

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    I have been racing (legally) at NHRA sanctioned Drag Strips since 1965 (first runs with a drivers license but there were some before that with no license very easy back in the old days) every week until 1990 during the months of April - Oct. ( have to stop racing when it SNOWS LOL) So figure it out 25 years and average 4 weeks a month and 7 months a year so that's 28 days a year times at least 25 years so that's 700 opportunities and at least 3 time trials a day plus at least 3 elimination runs per weekend so six runs (average) per day so just for you 4200 times but then there were a few rain outs so lets call it 4,000 times when going every weekend but after 1990 sporadic trips to the track so lets even it out at 5,000 ACTUAL RACING FOR COMPETITION runs runs down the track for me Then we could count the OZ style test and tune runs but who counts RACES with no competition?? But then we could count the "Off track clandestine, late evening, runs" and add a few but Ben would edit them out.

OH SNAP! hahahahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    How many runs have you made spammer?
    None, he's still trying to grasp the wonders of launch control...

One step at a time

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    just a tiny fraction of your runs Claymore...Currently figuring out a way to get all power to the ground while launching the car...and not by using Slicks yet...

Wow Ricer...trying to get ahead of me huh...lol...i'm just in the stage of setting up my car, doesn't mean i have not run any...

Quote Originally Posted by RICER23Q View Post
    None, he's still trying to grasp the wonders of launch control...

One step at a time
    Last edited by todaek9; 18-07-2008 at 01:47 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira

Vin diesel - .. .. enough said

Are u an amercian expat living in bangkok working on cars/ tut tuts?
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01