Page 145 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,729 to 1,740 of 1840
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I actually think the jtune product and concept is great. How many other Australian companies are developing bolt on performance parts for the Euro? I can't think of any.

The problem here is delivering the product to the market and the lack of accurate corporate messaging about what will be delivered and when.

It is just like any business, if you can't deliver what you say to customers you will deliver - the business is destined to fail. And that is a real shame as jtune had the balls to actually try to develop something.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    i think that James is a great person/tuner. as yfin said at least he had the balls to develop something for the euro...

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    No, he has the balls to TRY and develop something but so far the extreme package is a failure IMHO. The reflash isn't a huge step forward since other products are out there that help in that regard.
    Now he just needs to grow the balls to be honest to his clientelle. Without them his ideas are useless.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r View Post
    No, he has the balls to TRY and develop something but so far the extreme package is a failure IMHO. The reflash isn't a huge step forward since other products are out there that help in that regard.
    Now he just needs to grow the balls to be honest to his clientelle. Without them his ideas are useless.

Hit the nail on the head there!

No use developing something that doesn't eventuate....I call that a waste of time and money while destroying your own reputation with talking up the product..........
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

He might have the BALLS to start off something for the Euro, but thats his problem.

The market is there for him to exploit.

But unfortunately someone doesnt have the BALLS to finish off the product or the BALLS to admit that they stuffed up by spending R&D on it, then decided to get some crappy chinese manufacturer who cant get it right or get it manufactured on time, just because there is higher profit margin from going down that path.

Nor has he the BALLS to finish off the CL9 project before the FN2 one.

As for it being a great concept = well that's what it is at best called. Theres great concepts or bad concepts, but at the end of the day if it hasn't been finished, and people have paid money upfront, it is a dream or concept at most. You dont accept money period, if you havent finished.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Well don't you guys get over it already it's been like this since 2005.
    I remembered to have talked with James about euro reflash ecu in March 2006 and he said the products just another few months away tho and the story is still continuing till now even the new euro has been released.

Just get other options guys like piggy backor standalone ecu such as motec, efi, greddy e-manage ultimate or haltech interceptor ,etc you won't get 4-5 kw or more from hondata reflash anyway compare to other options rather than just waiting for something that not even certain eventhough you have paid for it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    Well, all I know is that I paid for mine 8 months ago and I keep getting the story...
    "only a couple of weeks away"

If my prototype headers falls apart at the welds again I will have to replace the whole exhaust system with one from another manufacturer, because of the header's incompatibility with other exhaust systems.

I have been left with a bitter taste in my mouth over the continuing delays with the replacement of my "temporary prototype".

I have considered returning my system back to stock, however I would have to remove my ECU again to send to Jtune in Melbourne, and I would be without a car at all for what might be a considerable time, considering past performance with this system.

Basically I am over a barrel, so I have been hoping for a positive outcome soon, but it is looking more and more like I will be stuck with a 4.5K upgrade that vibrates and falls apart in traffic jams when the headers get very heated! (have saved James the embarrassment of this fact until now!)
    I am concerned that every time I travel where I might be stuck in traffic, my car may be getting towed home!!!!

I am embarrassed to admit that I was completely sucked in by what appears to be a total Fxckup!

I will probably get another call from James now telling me it will be only 2 weeks away.........again......lol......
    I feel sorry for you Merlin - if it was me I would go the 'return to stock' option and get your money back. Or even return to base reflash - that way you can get rid of the prototype bolt ons.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    I think most of the gains from the Jtune extreme kit are from the header(and intake to a lesser extent)I have Comptech headers and Icebox and i reckon mine goes almost as well as the Extreme kit Admittedlly i've only driven the Extreme on a Euro for 15 mins.The power delivery on the Extreme is more linear than mine but again i don't think there's much in it power wise.$4700!!!not worth it IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    I feel sorry for you Merlin - if it was me I would go the 'return to stock' option and get your money back. Or even return to base reflash - that way you can get rid of the prototype bolt ons.

I've probably said too much already to take the chance of my ECU not "going missing" or some similar catastrophe occurring (it could get fried!) , and then I might not have a car for months....

My first option would be to replace the exhaust with another performance system, and retain the ECU flash as is.
    As it is, the exhaust system could be replaced in a few hours...the ECU is a different matter.....

As you see, I am between a rock and a hard place...
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    My first option would be to replace the exhaust with another performance system, and retain the ECU flash as is.
    As it is, the exhaust system could be replaced in a few hours...the ECU is a different matter.....
    Is that really a good option though- I thought Jtune says that the extreme flash must only be used with the jtune bolt on parts otherwise you take the risk that you do damage to the engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    take legal action against jtune imo this is bullshit service and a bullshit product which you have whipped out 5grand for and what have you got in return? dodgey product and a load of shit costumer service
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    Is that really a good option though- I thought Jtune says that the extreme flash must only be used with the jtune bolt on parts otherwise you take the risk that you do damage to the engine.
    Yeah, you should't keep the flash but use different parts.

Having said that, you could give it a try. Make sure you dyno it first and see if there's any problems with the ECU tuning vs newly installed parts.