Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Lux 5AT/CR-V Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by bk212 View Post
    Seems that Volcano Grey is the popular colour choice. Mine is Volcano Grey too - I reckon the vast majority of CU2's sold are going to be this colour, given the rather uninspiring alternatives.
    I have gone for Milano Red, never thought I would buy a red car but it looks awesome on the CU2 in the metal.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by tritty View Post
    I have gone for Milano Red, never thought I would buy a red car but it looks awesome on the CU2 in the metal.
    Good on you! I've had four red cars. The paint on all of them eventually faded. But red is a nice colour in the CU2. Most seem to buy Grey and some people get Black. To each his/her own! These darker colours look best in the dark wintery skys of the frozen states South of the Tropic of Capricorn. Those of us who live North prefer the lighter, more heat-reflecting colours.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Euro/MY05 Jazz VTIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotony View Post
    Ordered my Luxury auto with nav in Volcano Grey today. Hopefully get it on Saturday. Can't wait, drives great & a huge improvment over the 04 luxury auto I have now.
    Picked the car up yesterday morning, & WOW what a car. No test drive can ever do it justice. It is just everything it should be, Move over IS250, there's a new kid on the block.

Did not think it was going to happen though, 8.00am Thursday morning, rear ended in the 04 Euro Lux trade in by a truck on the Gateway motorway.......................Oh F..K!!!!!!! 10k damage & 2 weeks off the road. Dealer was great (Austral Honda @ Newstead) & the deal went ahead & we have the new car. Saves me looking for another ride for 2 weeks or so.

Have only done a few kays but have set up the speed alerts & have played with the Sat nav unit. Much to learn, has it's own 100 page manual, the only thing I have not been able to find is a GPS generated speed readout.....bummer. I know the speedo in my 04 Euro read about 10% slow, if I was doing 100k's on my TomTom readout the Euro was showing 110k's. I think other than that it seems great.

Number 1 son loves the sound system & the fuel consumption seems great especially for a brand new car, will have another play today & see what else I can find.

Cheers
    Tony

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Picked the car up yesterday morning, & WOW what a car. No test drive can ever do it justice. It is just everything it should be, Move over IS250, there's a new kid on the block.

Have only done a few kays but have set up the speed alerts

I know the speedo in my 04 Euro read about 10% slow, if I was doing 100k's on my TomTom readout the Euro was showing 110k's. I think other than that it seems great.
    Grats on the car .

Yeah, fantastic car imo. Build quality has certainly improved - no creaks, hidden hinges, tighter fit, more tactile buttons. Just little things but all the little things that count. Overall it feels like a different class of car!

Would be good if we could get GPS speed reading - my CL9 reads about 5-6km lower, i should be sitting on 105 to be doing 100.

How do you setup the speed alerts? I've skimmed over the manual but i couldn't find the menu thing they were talking about so i assumed that it was another thing they took out of our CU2.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Euro/MY05 Jazz VTIS
    Quote Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post

How do you setup the speed alerts? I've skimmed over the manual but i couldn't find the menu thing they were talking about so i assumed that it was another thing they took out of our CU2.
    Now you say that I wonder if it is only in the Nav version. From memory you had to go into the display set up mode via the buttons on the steering wheel & follow the instructions, it took a while to work it out, but they do work, I also set up the 'trip A reset to zero on refuel' let you know how that works when I refuel.

Cheers
    Tony

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Now you say that I wonder if it is only in the Nav version. From memory you had to go into the display set up mode via the buttons on the steering wheel & follow the instructions, it took a while to work it out, but they do work, I also set up the 'trip A reset to zero on refuel' let you know how that works when I refuel.
    Thanks mate . It looks like i skipped past the bit where it tells you that you have to hold in the 'info' button for a long period .

Just set it up then and it works. I left the trip A reset thing off though, i always write down how much i've done straight after i refuel and i'll forget if it resets when i refuel.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    What tyres do you have?

Tyres with soft walls will delay the turn-in. Get sportier tyres such as yoko C-Drives or Pirelli dragons
    .© ♪

One little quibble I have: I live in the hills of Perth and when driving up a steep hill and accelerating around a bend, the steering is feeling very odd. It feels like it is fighting my attempts to turn into the bend and accelerate through it. It's like the wheels want to keep going straight rather than turning in. I'm not sure if this is something to do with the VSA, or whether it's something to do with the 18" wheels on the luxury, or something else. I read somewhere that the steering wheel will prompt you if it senses you are under or over steering, but thought that feature was part of the safety systems which were omitted for the Oz version.

Any ideas?

Mate that's called power on understeer. Unfortunately, the combination of Euro's tendency to tramline and perhaps bump-steer makes this car prone to doing exactly what you said.

Usually you have to fight the wheel when stepping on the gas in most front wheel drive cars anyway, but it naturally still aims at the opposite of the apex. Unfortunately I found that even in my CL9, the accelerator on + turn in understeer is stupidly unbearable, perhaps too much torque.

When you're going uphill too, the tyres grip less (especially in the rain) and thus power-on understeer becomes even more exaggerated. You might not feel the wheel spinning but effectively its WANTING to, because of the open diff situation, thus the wheel is steering away from your steering wheel automatically.

Most FWDs have this tendency but IMHO, the Euro has this trait big time. You just got to be more gentle with the accelerator. The Euros have great neutral turn-in when you apply gentle or no power. Sacrifices speeds out of corners though!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I don't believe it has anything to do with understeer.

CU2 is so different to drive than the CL9. So much more grip for starters.
    Tramlining? Not on CU2. Bump steer? I am yet to experience it.....

I was in Perth for a few days and was staying in the hills. Parents live in Stoneville. I belted it around while I was up there and my car handled it fine. I like it up there, just try to keep to the speed limit everywhere! LOL!

There was an occasion or two where the steering would feel a fair bit heavier than usual. I take it this is what you are talking about. As SPQR said, What I think is happening is the steering assist is working in one direction, then cuts out when you are trying to turn the other direction.

I wonder if you were steering with one hand?
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    ive seen the milano red in person, that is one of the best colours. its just sexy! If u keep the red clean and polished it will last dont worry about that! also garaged helps.

we have a volcano in the showroom with side skirts, duck spoiker, tint, sports grille and lower front spoiler. Looks great but i think would look heaps better in red.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux Auto
    Thanks guys for all your input on this. I had my 1,000 km service last week and mentioned it to the service guys. They said they had noticed a different steering feel in the CU2 and that it was caused by the EPS/steering assist.

Having driven the car some more since my original post, I don't notice this nearly as much as I did then. I seem to feel it more now when straightening out of a corner than during the cornering. Makes sense that it would feel heavier as you change direction with steering assist momentarily cutting out. In any case, it's not really a big issue for me now.

One hand on the wheel? Nope. I'm actually a pretty placid driver most of the time. Type R +, you've done well if you've belted your car around up there and not been pinged by the Mundaring cops!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    One hand on the wheel? Nope. I'm actually a pretty placid driver most of the time. Type R +, you've done well if you've belted your car around up there and not been pinged by the Mundaring cops!
    Didn't see one cop in the 5 days that I was going up and coming down from there.

Actually trying to get up to 60km/h is tricky in some places. You don't need to break the speed limit to have fun.

We'll just end this conversation now, shall we.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F