Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    IM CONFUSED with all the arguing....

also i finally completely flattend my battery on the weekend so im prob going to get the new battery this w/e. the indicators dont even blink.... i now get the feeling that my battery went flat as the alt wasn't providing enough power to the ICE while the motor was running meaning it drained the battery...

im just going to get a bigger alternator and a new (powerful) battery. optima are too expensive. im going to that battery discount shop on moss st instead

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by paps02 View Post
    im just going to get a bigger alternator and a new (powerful) battery.
    Good Move!
    A good solution:
    Get the bigger battery, def the bigger alt.
    Have a smaller stock battery that ONLY starts the car. So when the car is switched to ACC (Not IGN or ON) then the 2 batteries are isolated from one another. When the car is running they are in parrallel so they both receive charge.
    Sorted.
    Last edited by Renegade; 16-07-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    --------------------
    Current Ride --> 1991 CRX Mobile Boom Box
    =====================
    Mid North Coast Member.
    =====================

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by paps02 View Post
    IM CONFUSED with all the arguing....

also i finally completely flattend my battery on the weekend so im prob going to get the new battery this w/e. the indicators dont even blink.... i now get the feeling that my battery went flat as the alt wasn't providing enough power to the ICE while the motor was running meaning it drained the battery...

im just going to get a bigger alternator and a new (powerful) battery. optima are too expensive. im going to that battery discount shop on moss st instead
    who's arguing, not me?

When you drain a lead acid battery it will never hold full charge again.
    Might want to check with an auto electrician about your alternator.
    As for draining your battery, you should never run a system with the power your running without the engine going in any case...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    you should never run a system with the power your running without the engine going in any case...
    what aabout on fully sick meets when we all wana listen to/watch music? or when we go fishing? but yer i know what your saying..

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    hire a generator and plug a battery charger up to the battery, think outside the square
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 dc2r
    or... bunnings have a sale, get some extension cords.....:-)

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by AzKik-R View Post
    or... bunnings have a sale, get some extension cords.....:-)
    if gone fishing at some remote location, be sure to pack an extra f%$king long one

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 JAZZ
    lol thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    what type of battery to u have??

you need to get a good dry cell battery and a good capicitor.. look into soundstream or optima batteries.. they are good..

but if your going to be playin dvd's n listening to ur sytem on accessory.. not matter what battery and capacitor u have it will eventually go flat..

car stereos are not designed to be played on accessory for a long amount of time..

if ur car is for show use... you get a 12v power supple that will plug into the wall...

Since when soundstream manufacture battries?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    when someone slapped a Sound Stream "Made in China" sticker on an NRMA battery hahahahahaha

And charge a premium for the sticker