Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda '08 Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by oniononline View Post
    What's the problem for handbrake recall?
    here ya go...

http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal..._ID_Auto=15588

Defect Details: If the handbrake is applied with the release button intentionally or unintentionally pressed there is a risk that the handbrake may not latch sufficiently

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy_1 View Post
    Cylinder bores usually have a cross-hatch pattern for bedding in of rings on a new engine. As the rings bed in they wear off the cross hatch pattern to smooth walled cylinder bores in perfect fit with the rings. Guess where the metal goes from the cross hatching - into your oil, as well as out the exhaust. So 1000km oil & filter change a great idea IMHO.
    honda recommends AGAINST it at 1000kms

honda designs, builds, services and warrants the car so i take what they say

honda is the largest engine manufacturer in the world, they know what they are doing
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

hey,

my car just hit 10ks, started to have ticking noise, i m not realy worry but i just wanna askk

when you go to the shop, get your car service, what did they service? especially for 10ks and 20ks service

any valve clearance check, ecu check or they just change oil etc etc

i think valve clearance adjustment,timing check and ecu etc are the most important one, becoz i m not sure for hondas
    how many K's this should be done
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD08
    says on the log books, Pretty sure it says 10 & 20 are only an oil change

honda recommends AGAINST it at 1000kms
    Fair enough, but any reason WHY? .. for interest sake.

Just because a manufacturer recommends against it, doesn't mean that's good advice per se. Personally, I'd want some reasons for the advice.

As an example, if you buy a new Falcon, Ford will recommend you don't need to change the transmission fluid on their 4sp auto for 100,000km. Reason - it will go that far without changing. My problem with this is that , yes it will go that far without changing, (just out of the warranty period), and then the whole auto will crap itself.
    The better advice from auto-shops, is change transmission oil every 40k.

So what's the reason behind it from Honda?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 07 TYPE R
    Quote Originally Posted by bodaas View Post
    hey,

my car just hit 10ks, started to have ticking noise, i m not realy worry but i just wanna askk

when you go to the shop, get your car service, what did they service? especially for 10ks and 20ks service

any valve clearance check, ecu check or they just change oil etc etc

i think valve clearance adjustment,timing check and ecu etc are the most important one, becoz i m not sure for hondas
    how many K's this should be done
    were is the the ticking noise coming from below ur feet?

does it tick when u accelerate from stop n decelerate to stop?

if so it might be the sub frame.

I just got mine re tightened all the nuts n bolts re torqued.

I found out around the 15 -20k mark i thought it was nothing but it really bugged me. So on my 20k service i asked to check it but they siad no fault.

So i was like ok but i just kept hearing it non stop so i asked again for a booking i drove it with the service guy n he confirmed it so they fixed it.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by UGE70Y View Post
    were is the the ticking noise coming from below ur feet?

does it tick when u accelerate from stop n decelerate to stop?

if so it might be the sub frame.

I just got mine re tightened all the nuts n bolts re torqued.

I found out around the 15 -20k mark i thought it was nothing but it really bugged me. So on my 20k service i asked to check it but they siad no fault.

So i was like ok but i just kept hearing it non stop so i asked again for a booking i drove it with the service guy n he confirmed it so they fixed it.
    Did you get a sensation with the ticking ie like a pulse or vibration too?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD08
    I can also hear the ticking noisy and a read somewhere in another forum that when they change to a lightweight pulleys the sound is gone.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I changed my OIL & FILTER @ 1000km, and thereafter at 5000km intervals.I do not change oil without a filter. Auto Trans oil gets changed every 20,000km

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4
    the major services are at 50k and 100k?

in between would be minor oil changes, oil filter changes, inspections.

correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th
    Springwood Honda Qld, good service, good price $185 40k service.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Ok.. just got my Civic back from her first service.. sigh.. an extremely unhappy experience... so i'm just gonna rant on for a bit!

Been waiting for to get my reverse sensors fitted and since I have a Red FD, they didn't have them in stock and have been on back order since I got the car. So I book the car in for its first service and the dealer assured me that the sensors were in stock.

Come today, dropped the car off all the way at Rosebery, in the middle of nowhere at 8:30 am. At 4:30pm after taking 2 buses just to get back to the damn dealership, I was told the sensors could not be installed because the color was wrong.

I wouldn't have been so pissed off, if they told me the truth... maybe ordered the wrong colour, didnt' check stock properly... etc.. etc. But instead, the service manager tells me that even though the box said they were red, they turned out to be a different colour when they opened it and it wasn't their fault and nothing could be done.

C'mon!!! we're talking about genuine sealed Honda parts here! Wat are the chances of it being in-correctly packed? If they didn't have the sensors, I would've driven all they way to Rosebery to get my service done, I would've just went to Hornsby Honda 2 mins away from my place... instead of driving for 1.5 during peak hr and taking another hr on the bus!!!...

To top it off, the service manager was so arrogant and didn't even apologize... just kept saying there's nothing we can do, we've put it on express order.. we'll call you when it gets here.. etc.. etc... ok.. i'm not expecting great customer service and the first service is free... but this is just bull Sh*t!

... the sales guys there are great.. but the service dept there's crap .. defn won't service there again... .. sigh..but still have to go back again to get my sensors fitted.. .. but feel so much better after my rant..