Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    can we mix the CU2 remote and add our CL9 key to it?

is that possible?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 2008 Lux A/T
    Quote Originally Posted by xsite85 View Post
    can we mix the CU2 remote and add our CL9 key to it?

is that possible?
    I think that's what people normally do - take a switchblade template, take the chip etc out of their AU key and put it in the switchblade template. This works with non-OEM ones, I'm not sure about Honda OEM switchblade.

I was really interested in getting in on this, but I don't want to "break" my existing key to get a switchblade.

Has anyone checked if Honda Japan sells switchblades over there? Would that maybe match the frequencies etc of our AU car?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by tarik View Post
    I think that's what people normally do - take a switchblade template, take the chip etc out of their AU key and put it in the switchblade template. This works with non-OEM ones, I'm not sure about Honda OEM switchblade.

I was really interested in getting in on this, but I don't want to "break" my existing key to get a switchblade.

Has anyone checked if Honda Japan sells switchblades over there? Would that maybe match the frequencies etc of our AU car?
    our replacement keys are $300 a pop...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    hahaha thats an idea that i went for. except i didn't go for the japan one.
    i went for the ebay one. and its shocking

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    Quote Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post
    Here's a pic of the Australian CU2 stock key.

It seems that this one has the same FCC ID and IC codes as the TSX (CU2 TSX anyway).
    Thats werid i remember seeing the CU2 key and it looked likt the CM5 and the CL9 key.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CL9/11 CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by longers View Post
    Thats werid i remember seeing the CU2 key and it looked likt the CM5 and the CL9 key.
    yea man, they looks exactly the same but the chip(post#64 and #72) inside is different,
    honda australia doesn't give a shit about the key(same as the v14 nav dvd),
    so they didn't import the switchblade, or whatever cost cut
    Last edited by johnnyofhk; 01-08-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CL9/11 CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by tarik View Post

in order to make it work, i have an idea. For example my TL switchblade key, the remote keyless entry doesn't work because of the frequency is different, so maybe I could install an alarm system which using the same frequency(3xxMhz, NOT 4XXMhz) as the TL key, so i could use the buttons on the key. is it possible?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyofhk View Post
    in order to make it work, i have an idea. For example my TL switchblade key, the remote keyless entry doesn't work because of the frequency is different, so maybe I could install an alarm system which using the same frequency(3xxMhz, NOT 4XXMhz) as the TL key, so i could use the buttons on the key. is it possible?
    sounds like more than $150+

not worth it dude.. all just for a key.. you'll be putting the standard alarm system to waste...

with $250 you can get window lifts + sunroof installed

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CL9/11 CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by xsite85 View Post
    sounds like more than $150+

not worth it dude.. all just for a key.. you'll be putting the standard alarm system to waste...

with $250 you can get window lifts + sunroof installed
    But the standard alarm system will not set off although someone crash into your parking euro... I came from oversea, nearly all the car on the street in hk has a vibration sensor alarm, but not here, ppl here just don't care? or maybe safer on the street?
    Last edited by johnnyofhk; 01-08-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyofhk View Post
    But the standard alarm system will not set off although someone crash into your parking euro... I came from oversea, nearly all the car on the street in hk has a vibration sensor alarm, but not here, ppl here just don't care? or maybe safer on the street?
    I'm from HK as well... public transport FTW!!

alot of cases of hit and run's in australia... it's not like a new alarm system would paralyze the driver from running away...

you might not have been here for long.. but nobody cares if an alarm is set off

rob a house with an alarm system and still get away

i have one new and unused. PM me if interested.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    For those of you who want to use the 09 Acura TSX switchblade key for the CL9 Euro, it is unlikely that it will work because the frequency of the Acura key is different. I found the frequency of the Acura key by doing a web search of the FCC ID. The frequency is in the 3xx MHz range whereas the frequency of the CL9 key is in the 4xx MHz range. Sorry to break the bad news but i hope this will save you guys from wasting your money on something thats not going to work. It's a shame that it works for the CU2 but not CL9

Cheers.