Thread: Help!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG Hatch

Help!!

1st time on this site..im a new member to this site..been wanting to ask a few questions to relation to my civic EG.. greatly appreciated if someone can help me..

Ive got a civic EG 91 hatchback, its automatic atm, looking to convert it to manual, just wondering what engine should i look at buying b16, b18 or b20, ive had a few pplz tell me b18 is the way to go..but i want my car to still be cheap with petrol and thats were the b16a's got the edge and its not a carby engine..if someone on here can give me a bit of information on what would be a better option, it would sweet!

and the best place to do this engine conversion? how much? and what would i need to purchase to make this thing an animal on the streets?

btw im in victoria..

and off the subject a bit, im also looking for white 17inch rims..

Thank you
    Last edited by RayRay; 04-08-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    depends how you drive... i would have said b16a but member here (bennjamin) is getting above 500km per tank with a b18c7 (ITR/DC2R motor)

this thread will answer the first part of your question:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87218

cost of conversion is variable as you didn't state wether you have an efi or carby engine... plus such questions are against forum rules
    Last edited by dsp26; 04-08-2008 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    u say u dont want to run b18 due to petrol.. yet u state that u want ur car to be an animal on the streets.. and how u said that... that means u want to fang vtec all the time... i just dont understand... i honestly dont anymore -.-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    u say u dont want to run b18 due to petrol.. yet u state that u want ur car to be an animal on the streets.. and how u said that... that means u want to fang vtec all the time... i just dont understand... i honestly dont anymore -.-
    sorry man..First honda,first car..okay..how much would i be spending on a b18?? difference between a b16a and a b18??

parts??

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    sorry man..First honda,first car..okay..how much would i be spending on a b18?? difference between a b16a and a b18??

parts??
    aaahhh... maybe you should be clear and specific..

b16a2 - vtec
    b18a/b - non vtec
    b18c2 - integra vtir vtec
    b18c7 - integra type r vtec
    b20b/z - crv non vtec
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    aaahhh... maybe you should be clear and specific..

b16a2 - vtec
    b18a/b - non vtec
    b18c2 - integra vtir vtec
    b18c7 - integra type r vtec
    b20b/z - crv non vtec
    b16a2 vtec or b18c2 or b18c7

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Realli up to you..

b16a2 vtec kicks in harder, for a more noticeable crossover sound..
    b18c2 very similar to b16 but your getting a bigger displacement hence more torque
    b18c7 or b18c(jdm) is in a completely different class... it is a type r engine afterall putting out 140kw+ at the fly...

Like a member mentioned above... bennjamin is getting hella good fuel eco from a b18c7...in his EG....which just basic JDM header.. and a stock ep3r muffler ..

Cost you anywhere between 5k-8k drive in drive out.. labour i'd say you would get charge approx 2k... if u provided all the parts...

And your description of an "animal" is what??? fast straight line? sticks to the road when cornering??both?
    Last edited by CB7_OWNER; 04-08-2008 at 09:45 PM.
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by CB7_OWNER View Post
    Realli up to you..

b16a2 vtec kicks in harder, for a more noticeable crossover sound..
    b18c2 very similar to b16 but your getting a bigger displacement hence more torque
    b18c7 or b18c(jdm) is in a completely different class... it is a type r engine afterall putting out 140kw+ at the fly...

Like a member mentioned above... bennjamin is getting hella good fuel eco from a b18c7...in his EG....which just basic JDM header.. and a stock ep3r muffler ..

Cost you anywhere between 5k-8k drive in drive out.. labour i'd say you would get charge approx 2k... if u provided all the parts...

And your description of an "animal" is what??? fast straight line? sticks to the road when cornering??both?
    Both..fast straight line and take off! im interested in the b18c2 and b16..they sound like something that i want..thanx man! appreciate your help.. know i just need to find these engines..any recommendations??

well area would be good.
    some guys on here do engine swaps.
    they might be able to help ya out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    ROFL...
    Seems like you are looking for cheap,good,fast,reliable,low fuel consumption car.
    IMO, you can't have the best of both worlds. Be prepared to spend 5k minimum for your swap. Good luck to your project. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    lol I'm just as confused as you

find wheels & engine here - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
    Last edited by Nikki; 06-08-2008 at 06:22 PM.