Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by eur001 View Post
    Lazy?? what you mean?
    It certainly doesnt look nice with the part that they didnt tint. However, is it legal to tint where the light is?
    Most likely i will go Tint a car in osbone park.
    Yes, it is legal to tint the part they missed out. The WA law say you just have to be able to see the brake light from 30m.

I asked tintacar about it, and they said they were told not to touch the parcel shelf. Something about airbags.

Osbourne Park will do the same as the job as they did to my car.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobjones View Post
    I am sorry but that looks crap. I will be calling Tint-a-Car today to see if they will tint the whole thing.
    Yeah, crappo. Not happy.
    I thought I could pull the parcel tray out myself, and colour it black, but If I went to that effort, I may as well get them to tint the missing part.

Also as for fabric protection and paint protection this is a load of SHIT.

If you have fabric seats, go and buy some Fabric Guard or whatever at $12 a can and use that as it will be better than whatever the dealer uses.
    Yep, scotch guard in a can from Woolies!

Also buy some decent detailing gear and maintain the car and it will have better resale and look better than one with paint protection. Why do I know, well in my "spare" time I detail cars, if you look at Fast Fours this month, the cover car is what I detailed, see the thanks section for confirmation.
    You did that Evo? NICE!!!!!

Also good detailing products exclude anything from Armour All...PERIOD.
    Come on..... armorall does a fantastic job on the dash of the work ute!
    I don't use it on my cars though...

EDIT: Called Tint-a-Car and the cut out has to be done for legal reasons. Additionally, the Midnight Express currently has $100 off and can be done in Brisbane for $295. Also I am thinking of pulling said parcell shelf out then and having it painted black....
    Yeah, I don't think it is legal reasons. I was thinking about doing the black thing (like it SHOULD have come from factory), but the plastic pieces are a concern. Any easy way of colouring plastics so it won't peel and look like shit?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    OK Update, got onto another tint place and confirmed he WILL tint the whole rear window and it is LEGAL to do so. Its an ancillary light and thus not complusory to be viewed from a distance. According to him (and I have used him before and is a straight shooter) the dealers send cars to a certain place and to cut time they miss that bit out...when you can get a whole car done for $295, it amazes me how dealers can charge $510 for the privelege of driving your car.

Type R, yes Mark Rayner is a good friend, also I do the orange Evo 8 MR that was on the cover a couple months back. In fact is my business partners car, well I am his bitch so to speak. I am usually the guy getting dirty at track days fixing stuff on it, but when it has 380+awkw you kinda expect that...lol

I will post a link to my Evo Oz thread soon as its got my bosses wife Euro in the thread (which is the same as mine...lol)

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Yes, it is legal to tint the part they missed out. The WA law say you just have to be able to see the brake light from 30m.

I asked tintacar about it, and they said they were told not to touch the parcel shelf. Something about airbags.

Osbourne Park will do the same as the job as they did to my car.

Went to Osbourne park today and the boss said it can be done. They did a few new Euro so far and they removed the parcel to tint the whole thing.
    Now i am not sure whether to do the whole thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    DO IT, not worth missing bits here and there and waste your time.

REMEMBER time is money.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by eur001 View Post
    Went to Osbourne park today and the boss said it can be done. They did a few new Euro so far and they removed the parcel to tint the whole thing.
    Now i am not sure whether to do the whole thing.
    Yeah, get the whole thing done....
    I am going to go and see Morley next time im in Perth.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Lux 5AT/CR-V Lux
    I got mine tinted when I bought the car (Ming Tint) and the whole window has been done................. Man that cut out looks ugly, I would demand they re-do it.

As for the cream parcel shelf, i really don't tend to notice it with the tinted windows.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by tritty View Post
    I got mine tinted when I bought the car (Ming Tint) and the whole window has been done................. Man that cut out looks ugly, I would demand they re-do it.

As for the cream parcel shelf, i really don't tend to notice it with the tinted windows.
    So i guess it can be done(pull out the parcel and tint the whole window) easily.
    Thanks for your feedback...at least i dont have to worry about it now(the airbag issue).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    I have been told that they do not need to remove the parcel shelf as the light and surround does NOT touch the window and that the tinter should have sufficient tools to be able to get any water out from that section of the window!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    I have been told that they do not need to remove the parcel shelf as the light and surround does NOT touch the window and that the tinter should have sufficient tools to be able to get any water out from that section of the window!!
    Here's hoping the tiner can actually be bothered using the tools to do it properly!

Its much easier to cut it out with a razor blade, than to use the correct tools and do it right the first time........
    '08 Euro std, 6MT, 18's

'02 XR6T 320kw at wheels

'78 XC 567kw at wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    There is stuff all room???

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    i think that's a load of croc.

removing the parcel shelf is easier and can get the job done more efficiently then trying to find a tool that can slip into that gap.

btw the tinter that did my euro today said the CU2 he did yesterday was a bitch just cause of the parcel shelf design where the light is situated.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9