Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 CL9 Euro
    I recently lowered my car (change the springs only), still on stock rims, and keeps rubbing and scraping like mad, when I checked my tyre pressure, front 30psi, rear 32psi

So I put 40psi, much stiffer, much better handling, not as much rubbing and scraping, just need to get myself use to it.

For cars with 50 + profile 36-38 is ideal, to increase fuel economy and tyre life, for 45 and lower profile 38-40, thats what I do at my workshop. Also remember, when you do want to check pressure / inflate tyres, dont do it after a drive, but before one, as tyres get hot, hot air expands, and it will give you a inaccurate psi when you look at it after a drive

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopDouggie View Post
    if you have never measured your hot tyre pressures I strongly advise it.
    i measured plenty of hot PSI yesterday, we did about 60 laps at Wakefield
    B20VTEC - since 2002

5th gen prelude tyres...
    i have the same size
    i run 38 most of the time cause i like my handling to be more responsive.
    34-36(220kpa?) is recommended on the tyre plate in the car i think.

i heard anything higher like low 40s and you will wear the middle out over time.

^ yes, what you are referring to is over-inflation wearing, and same goes for the opposite, if the pressures are too low, you will get rounded sides - under inflation wearing, you want to try and make you tyre wear evenly

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    84 BABY NSX
    My Pop has a Toyota LandCrusher and the Tyre Recommend's 65 p.s.i. as a max.
    LIVE HARD DIE SIDEWAYS

Member Array
    Car:
    GT-R N1 & EVO7
    I believe that this thread was started 2.5 years ago!
    But, taking into account that the Q is still relevant to-day, I've tallied up all the recommendations and discarded all non-Preludes, and ended up with a 'cold' average of
    "36.275 psi". That should fix it!
    LOL

sweet - now, can you fix global warming please?
    B20VTEC - since 2002