Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge

Jazz CVT problems?

Hi guys,

Just got a question for CVT Jazz owners:
    - what does your car idle at when warm? I thought ~500rpm was a bit low.
    - have you guys experienced occasional jerkiness during very low speed and light throttle?
    - have you occasionally experienced the revs drop when using light throttle from a stand still? the revs will drop to below 500rpm momentarily and the car feels like it wants to stall. But only for a split second and the revs go up after that.
    - have found occasionally when coasting say at 80kmh, and you release the throttle slowly the revs will drop to around 1000rpm, then go back up to the cruising rpm of say 2000?
    - have you found that occasionally when coasting at say 80kmh, and you feather the throttle to slightly accelerate, the revs will either drop around 200rpm and then go up to accelerate, or go up around 200rpm then come back down before accelerating?

I seem to be getting these problems but whenever I take it to Honda I can't make it happen. Honda have hooked up the computer and have said nothing is wrong.

This is a Jazz with 23,000km, the EGR valve was changed (apparently) by Honda at the 20,000km service.

my jazz has some jerkiness at low speeds, eg when it is just rolling out of gear, then decides to go into gear.

eg. stopped at lights, foot on brake. foot of brake, it takes half a second for gear to engage and start pulling the car forward. quite annoying when going low speeds, and constantly gear is engaging and disengaging.

i was told, it could be EGR valve problem. i've had cvt flushed by honda, this only fixed the shudder on take off tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Yeah I get that low speed jerkiness too.. but it seems to happen more when the car is cold..
    like say you just start your car.. you go in reverse, stop, then put it into D, and the car takes a little bit of time before going into D.

Before the EGR valve was changed, I found once i was in a carpark (car fully warmed up), and I had stepped on the brake to slow down, just before the car stopped, I slowly put my foot on the accelerator and the car was like in neutral, the revs built up to about 1500rpm then suddenly engaged and the car jerked forward quite violently.
    I told this to Honda, and they changed the EGR valve.

But the car seems less smooth and more jerky now that the EGR valve has been changed. and now I experience the coasting jerkiness as I described in my first post.

what does your car idle at when warm? mine is around 500rpm which I think is too low.
    Last edited by Kit; 12-08-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    mine doesn't have any of the problem you mentioned.

except it was jerky at pulling off. reset + oil change fixed it for me.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

mine is 750 - 1100 when idle. But the main thing is you have to warm the engine up before you go. Coz i always feel the CVT dont engage properly when its cold. Like i step on the gas peddle but it only rev and not speed.