Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turbo Manifold

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6, DC5R
    Luke from the Gold Coast has run this manifold to 400whp on a B18C - tuned by the disappearing Dyno Dave.

Terrible manifold, and he re-welded the entire unit before using it - but it ran safe for at least 18 months on 300whp @ 18psi on his B16A.

It could work - but why let a $200 manifold, destroy your entire 2-5k engine + the rest of the parts.

Save a bit more and it will last much longer!

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by 7ypeR View Post
    Okay I think it seems that my initial post may have been mis-interpreted, even after i read it again it does seem like i vouch for that particular ebay manifold. What i was trying to say is that the design of the manifold is not too bad. Judging from personal experience that design is better than that of the log mani. The log is good for response & low end - mid range torque/power but Honda's are FWD so it's not like you can FULL THROTTLE in it anyway. The other mani is good for decent mid - top end power.

WEQ don't take it personal, i'm just tired of repeating myself. But in response to your game, i too agree the collector plays an important part in power production. The primaries do merge quite quickly but i guess it also depends on whether or not they are directed & if the pipes are tuned length (internally ie inside the manifold). You should know that it's what's on the inside that counts.

Your turn
    THe manifold doesnt collect. Its more like the cylinders spew wherever they had enough slag. There is no collector. There is a exit of each runner and a 3"box after that. Turbulance.

What you MEANT too say in your first post was, that this _style_ of manifold can yeild good Hp gains and let the motor breath efficently.

Unfortunatly, both the _design_, _materials_ and _craftsmanship_ of this manifold is about on par with the skills of the 10year old chinese girl who made it.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    i got my manifold from phil at spoolin in the USofA this evening, ill show you where quality starts, its got very very nice welding, now seeing this in real life, i would not touch that ss auto crap, obx, whatever looks or is made like that even if it was given to me for free.

ill post pics tomorrow..

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    ^^^ dito.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6, DC5R
    Its funny. I dont come on this forum much, but everytime I get on "Forced Induction" - its always the same question. Best manifold, is SS Autochrome any good etc etc.

Such a waste of time. Need some stickys up there regarding SS Autochrome, best manifold etc.

Well I hope you got the answer you wanted. Save your cash, buy a proven product, do some research, select the right people, be patient, and it will work.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    here we go:

overall very happy with it, collector was done extremely good, mite try open it up around the t3 flange but im more than happy with it.