Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R

Looking to buy dc5s. Common problems please

Hi guys. I'm looking to buy a dc5s. I've test driven two, and it was great. I have yet to experiance the gearing probloms that I have read so much about.

Can u guys please tell me what to look for, is the gearing change problem that much of an issue (eg. shift into 3rd, or pop out or something?)

There is slight vibration to through the accelerator pedals too when i get into vtec land.

And the exhuast manifold heat sheild is very noisy and vibrates when car is reved. ( i put my hand over the heat sheild and sound goes away when car is revved.)

Please let me know any other common problems or comment on the stuff i have observed. Thanks. looking to get one faily soon!!!! =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Vivid Blue 05 Type S!
    I got my type S not long ago, and i experienced everything you have. The pedal shake seems to be normal throughout the type S range. With that heat shield sound, do up the 2 bolts harder and pull it up a little where it makes contact and it wont touch again.

The gearing issue for me atm isn't too bad, second gear grind is just annoying but the 3rd gear issues i experience once every few weeks or so.

happy hunting.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakarados View Post
    I got my type S not long ago, and i experienced everything you have. The pedal shake seems to be normal throughout the type S range. With that heat shield sound, do up the 2 bolts harder and pull it up a little where it makes contact and it wont touch again.

The gearing issue for me atm isn't too bad, second gear grind is just annoying but the 3rd gear issues i experience once every few weeks or so.

happy hunting.
    Thanks mate. Good to know i'm not the only one. After ur parchase, are u happy with it? considering all these things. Did u know about them fro the start, and would you have changed ur decision?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R

happy hunting.
    Does it only happen when the engine is cold? or all the time?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Vivid Blue 05 Type S!
    The second gear grind happens any time and the 3rd gear fault happens once in a blue moon cold or warm.

I kinda knew these faults when i got the car but i noticed the second gear crunch happen more and more often, it seems to be OK now, but if it gets worse ill just bring it to honda. I also bought extended warranty on the car which was a good thin, had to take it back last week for a suspension issue i was having, fixed under warranty.

very happy with the purchase. price was a bit high but km were very low and car in mint condititon.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    The second gear grind happens any time and the 3rd gear fault happens once in a blue moon cold or warm.

I kinda knew these faults when i got the car but i noticed the second gear crunch happen more and more often, it seems to be OK now, but if it gets worse ill just bring it to honda. I also bought extended warranty on the car which was a good thin, had to take it back last week for a suspension issue i was having, fixed under warranty.

very happy with the purchase. price was a bit high but km were very low and car in mint condititon.
    That 2nd gear grind sounds annoying. I didn't experiance that in anytime when I test drove the integra tyupe S's. But i imagine if it were my car, and everytime when went to change gears into 2nd, and I had the clutch fully down, and it grinds, i would get really annoyed.

What heppends when this happens?, do you just slip it out into neutral, fully press the clutch and try to put it into 2nd again and hope it doesnt grind? how ofter do you have to try and put it in 2nd when it does grind? or do you just force it in? I know i wouldn't force it in.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Vivid Blue 05 Type S!
    it goes in fine, where is no issue with shifting.. it just has a gritty feeling sometimes. Goes into gear fine with no issues. I have let a few people drive it and they say they dont notice it, maybe im just beeing too picky. But it does happen.

i got a type s and i'm happy with it.

never had 2nd gear grinding issues and with the 3rd gear it does. i hardly get 3rd gear crunch though. as zakarados says, it happens once in a blue moon.

when i get the crunch i just push it back into neutral (never had it happen twice in a row).

a problem that i've recently encountered was that my headlight and rear taillight have gotten fogged up. must have water leak somewhere? - i don't know if this is a common problem, but it has happened to me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by idunlie View Post
    i got a type s and i'm happy with it.

never had 2nd gear grinding issues and with the 3rd gear it does. i hardly get 3rd gear crunch though. as zakarados says, it happens once in a blue moon.

when i get the crunch i just push it back into neutral (never had it happen twice in a row).

a problem that i've recently encountered was that my headlight and rear taillight have gotten fogged up. must have water leak somewhere? - i don't know if this is a common problem, but it has happened to me.

Well i'm happy to hear that it only happens once in a blue moon. Cause I wouldnt be able to handle it if it happened all the time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Vivid Blue 05 Type S!
    O Yeah, fogging of the rear tail lights is fairly common in the wet seasons. Honda warranty will cover the replacement.

O Yeah, fogging of the rear tail lights is fairly common in the wet seasons. Honda warranty will cover the replacement.
    yeah, i thought warranty would cover it too. however, my warranty expired on aug 08 (yes, very recently) and therefore they said they have no obligation to replace it.

i have an extended warranty through to 2010, but they said it only covers up to $1000 of engine damage and no cosmetic faults.

are they lying to me or is it just my badluck?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Vivid Blue 05 Type S!
    wow wdf! i just updated my warranty another 2 years as well, i would hope it would cover everything for another 2 years. do you still have the extended warranty paperwork have a read through it, im at work now so i cant check my paperwork. Keep me up to date if you find out, thats BS if they only cover engine faults.