Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    hehe, yeah i did it abit different also, only did the brakes last, but i learnt after boosting that my braking power was not sufficient .

My advise on brakes is try to always have better braking that what you require.
    For most applications ITR rotors & calipers with upgraded pad, certainly do the trick.

If you need more than that you'll already know what to buy
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    hehe, yeah i did it abit different also, only did the brakes last, but i learnt after boosting that my braking power was not sufficient .

My advise on brakes is try to always have better braking that what you require.
    For most applications ITR rotors & calipers with upgraded pad, certainly do the trick.

If you need more than that you'll already know what to buy
    should be the standard mentality

same with tyres though... see so many heavily modified cars on the road with the shittest cheapest tyres money can buy + maybe some king springs super lows... way to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    EH9 B16a
    thanx for all thi info guys much appreciated, ok..
    i feel from wot's been said cam's/final gear/flywheel is my next option, ive done exhaust, done intake, coilovers, tyres wheels etc so now engine mods..

'dsp26' thnx for that link of the springs on ebay, that along with a set of itr cams (integra vtir b18cams yes?) cam gears and ecu tune would be a good start set up?

now, ive heard ppl talk about changine the final gear (i.e diff?) is a good option to allow to rev out quicker? but wot? where? how?.. someone said the vtir b18 gear is a good option?

also with wot's been said for labour my old mans a mechanic so got all instalation covered..

i'm from hobart so all my stuff has to come from interstate taht's why ive gotta do all this noob reaserch not alot to choose from down here!
    Last edited by Rivic; 21-08-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    vtir and ITR are not the same thing... you will want the ITR (integra type r) stuff not the vtir stuff coz your parts are better if not the same as the vtir...

ITR cams, 4.9 final drive, light flywheel,, tuned computer... you will be very happy with the outcome of that...

the quicker final drive ratio will allow you to accelerate much quicker.. however yu will have less actuall topspeed which is useless and dangerous anyway.... dnt mistake top speed for top end....

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Final Drive depends on what you want the car for.

In NA, yes it helps with your power band, but its not good for economy.

With Boost, you don't bother getting a shorter FD, you generally want fairly long FD.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    Final Drive depends on what you want the car for.

In NA, yes it helps with your power band, but its not good for economy.

With Boost, you don't bother getting a shorter FD, you generally want fairly long FD.
    using the various calculators around based on my Y21 gearbox.. it was sort of negligible but the 4.7 would be a good balance.

4.4 - 100km/5th/~3200rpm
    4.7 - 100km/5th/~3700rpm
    4.9 - 100km/5th/~4100rpm

true about boost though... and it makes me wonder why the 96spec jdm dc2r still used the 4.4fd....
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    4.9 FD for b16a.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    4.9 FD for b16a.
    good cams + 4.9fd + light fly = i think

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    earlier ITR with 4.4 was prob cos they has the FD cast from the b16s.

I still recon boost the little bugger and it will act better

Member Array
    Car:
    EH9 B16a
    the final drive situation doesn't bother me that much the cars only drivin on weekends not a huge amount of highway runs where im gonna be sittin constantly on 100+km/h..

so the final drive i should be looking at either 4.7 or 4.9 come from teg itr?
    and say itr cams, getting these from wreckers on the mainland or where should i shop?

dsp26, say i went with the itr cams is it a good idea to get a valtrain set up like u posted or cause the cams are from its brother everyhitng should be fine to put straight in?..
    ive read of replacing on exhaust or could have been intake springs? only doing one or the other, im not sure which one now tho..
    Last edited by Rivic; 22-08-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    you gotta upgrade to full ITR springs as a bare minimum...

but in all honesty, if you get all that valvetrain you may as well get better cams considering the going rate for 2nd hand ones anyway, wreckers would charge you more anyway versus 2nd hand from here...
    head off job anyway unless your mech has that buddy club valve spring remover... good excuse to mill the head and get thinner head gasket for more compression... and the flat face valves included in that kit adds 0.3:1CR

Compression = Boost for NA cars...

Member Array
    Car:
    EH9 B16a
    ok so keep an eye out for some itr cams and grab them, itr fd is that the 4.9? anyone know wot FD's in the vtir?
    when it comes to the computer wot do i have to do to get it tuned? take it to a dyno shop and its tuned there like that? or new comp?