Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002 TeGgY View Post
    agreed. even a k-turbo dc5 can smash that record
    well then why doesnt it? Thats what I'm saying I know it can be done so I'm wondering if anyone out there is going to challenge it. The last real honda to compete was 90 POV and we all know if that found a way to get the power to the ground it would be able to go faster. And how is bringing up a record which is relevant to fwd drag racing bring up crap?

i know there are alot of turboed honda's out there, this is there class of drag racing. i can see relevance.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    why the fcuk does everyone think you need a k turbo to smash someone, ffs you would have a better chance of getting the record broken by a d series or b16 turbo then a k turbo with its bigger torque.

each to their own, some like to go 'faster' on slicks, some like to try challenge things on street tyres, big deal. If you like racing on street tyres then good for you, same for slicks and striped out to bare. Race to have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    Race to have some fun.
    Agree

Although, it would be great fun to beat someones record on street tyres!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    I'm with AZA. I was at Jambo yesterday and the Hondas were almost all bounced in the first round - or popped! There were heaps more starlets, pulsars etc than civics/crxs. If there is not a street-tyred Honda capable of flat 12's with interior intact in SEQLD or NNSW I'd be surprised!

For me, though, it's not about the record, it's about having a go. I see so many cars advertised on the net with full turbo kits etc with XXXfwkW and yet aside from the alcorn bros there were hardly any 'street' fwd cars entered. They're out there for sure!

Even in the carpark, within 20 metres of my car (a high 13's NA Civic), were turbo d-series CRX's and a Turbo Civic VtiR Coupe. I don't know why more guys/girls don't just run for fun! Get inside and walk down the lane for street fwd and play spot-the-honda!

Maybe they don't feel worthy, but it's about having a go. I have only had my car for less than 3 months and have been up twice. I'd love to get my appropriate license and have a crack. I certainly wouldn't have been the slowest car out there, and who cares if I was?!? There was an ugly, old original magna out there doing 12's and the crowd loves to see that sort of thing!
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    i mainly started this thread to show the depth thats being created in this catagory. there are now 3 11 second cars in this class. i though that some people seeing how competitive it is starting to get it might give them some motivation to go out and have a crack

ive been down the strip plenty of times

that was my turbo crx in the carpark. i didnt run because im crunching into third. i already have a new gearbox, soon as i put it in, ill be out there.
    Last edited by A.C.S DRAG; 25-08-2008 at 11:11 AM.

also can anyone tell me why that dc5r turbo from 999 was so slow?

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    i did see that car and i did notice that it was also competing in street front, what time did it run mate? i didnt get to see it run it got knocked out to early for me to see i think ha only got there at like 11 on sunday.

nice setup in it though, k series turbo with top mount intercooler (sleeper)

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Aza View Post
    well then why doesnt it? Thats what I'm saying I know it can be done so I'm wondering if anyone out there is going to challenge it. The last real honda to compete was 90 POV and we all know if that found a way to get the power to the ground it would be able to go faster. And how is bringing up a record which is relevant to fwd drag racing bring up crap?

i know there are alot of turboed honda's out there, this is there class of drag racing. i can see relevance.
    Cause they dont compete in the sport compact? Most of the fast cars just have fun at wednesday night street meets (well here in Sydney).

Quote Originally Posted by Aza View Post
    i did see that car and i did notice that it was also competing in street front, what time did it run mate? i didnt get to see it run it got knocked out to early for me to see i think ha only got there at like 11 on sunday.

nice setup in it though, k series turbo with top mount intercooler (sleeper)
    I saw one run, low 13's but @ 127mph... big MPH
    Anyone know mods etc? it looked to have no traction

yeah i saw it run a 12.49 forgot the mph. that thing is fully modded, looks in excess of 15k worth of mods on the whole car. pretty slow for how modified it is.

Quote Originally Posted by A.C.S DRAG View Post
    yeah i saw it run a 12.49 forgot the mph. that thing is fully modded, looks in excess of 15k worth of mods on the whole car. pretty slow for how modified it is.
    with the MPH it was running (i only got to see it run 127-mph) it has the potential to be a very fast car if it can get its power to the ground.