Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1

minor suspension issue

how u doin guys just a quick question.

I recently got a hold of an integra type-r strut brace (stock item on itr's) n put it on my DC4, i previously had a stock vti-r brace in that position.

Since puttin on the itr brace my suspension (Low king springs, stock struts) has began 2 sqeak, more of a crackin noise really... quite certain that it is comin from the springs or the chassis surroundin the sussy, never had this issue with the vti-r brace which is not as firm.

Could this be that the brace is 2 firm 4 my car's aging chassis or any other issues, just wana hear some feedback. Should i lubricate the sussy parts and bushings or could this become a more serious issue in the long run?

Cheers guys any help much appreciated!

Paul
    Getting there...

the brace is hardly firm enough to overly brace your chassis , its more aesthetic than useful (having had both vtir and itr ones) - more than likely the noise is coming from the 4 mounting points themselves.
    check each is not overly loose or tight.

dont over tighten , they snap very easily

IMO invest in a proper strut bar from CARBING for example - that does stiffen up the chassis and will make proper creaks lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    lol fair enough it could potentailly b from the bolts but like i said, had the same set up just different brace b4 n no dramas there.

I kno that GReddy dont get used in hondas much but i recently purchased and installed a GReddy rear strut brace 4 noticeable difference, quite happy with it n was very cheap compared 2 the other brands (well it was at the place i bought it + minor discount on top) ... was considering getting a front 1 but this ITR 1 came up n i snapped it up 4 peanuts... obviously it sits on the chassis rather than over the strut itself...

has any1 used a front GReddy s/brace (id say very similar 2 the Cusco stuff) on their car that can give me feedback, seems quite good, but dnt kno if theres point buyin it if its gna hav the same effect as the ITR 1.

Cheers.
    Getting there...

My car creaks from the front when it is cold, disappears when the car warms up.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    bros... ive found n fixed the problem... pretty stupid actually.

When under tension, the brackets (that were custom fabricated) rubbed against the adjustment bolt on top of the strut causing the squeek, i machined down the bracket a touch n the prob is now gone!
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegzieboi_BAR View Post
    i recently purchased and installed a GReddy rear strut brace 4 noticeable difference
    Really, you actually noticed the difference of a rear strut brace? What difference did it make?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    quite substancial difference when exiting a corner, rear end stays flatter 2 the ground n the whole car actually feels much steadier.

Only noticeable when exiting a corner at high(ish) speeds. I rekon more useful than the front ITR brace.

Maybe the difference wouldnt b as niticeable if i had decent springs but since my car is sittin on Low Kings (which arent that low really, 14cm ground to bottom of stock sideskirt) its fairly noticeable, if u can pick 1 up 4 a decent price (i payed $165 for my GReddy 1) i think its worth investing in.
    Getting there...

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    When I fitted a rear strur brace I had ITR sussy, made a huge difference to the feel, so much more solid and predictable in the rear, even just regular driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    yeah 4 sure, felt it immediately on my 1st corner. Mass difference with high speed stability.
    Getting there...