Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Give Red Devil a call if you have them wherever you are. They usually stock alot. Should be about 250 for a new aftermarket one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude VTI-r
    Guys this has happened to me - anyone know any places in Adelaide that are good for Honda repairs and radiators, second hand or new ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    i think i have the same problem. is it the plastic bit on the right?
    Last edited by port3s; 25-08-2008 at 12:05 AM.
    Parts Added

- K&N Pod Filter - Heavy Duty Clutch - Water Pump - Titanium Spark Plugs - Top Gun SP Leads -

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    is the top tank the thing on the right on the engine.. its still connected but separated by this black thing?
    Parts Added

- K&N Pod Filter - Heavy Duty Clutch - Water Pump - Titanium Spark Plugs - Top Gun SP Leads -

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 4th gen
    No the top tank is the actual top of your radiator. If you look carefully at your radiator you will notice that the top of the radiator is clipped/glued onto the rest of the radiator body where all your pipes are. Also you will notice the top tank is plastic while the bigger bottom part of the radiator is aluminium. Top tanks usually get hairline cracks around or near the cap where you fill coolant so if there is leaking there good chance of top tank. Once your top tank goes you do not need to change the whole radiator as the bottom aluminium bit 90% of the radiator is still ok, just the top tank needs to be changed, but you will need a professional install for this. Cost me around $250 removing radiator and brining in to the shop myself so they can fit it on with 1 year warranty. Most places wanted $300 for top tank fitting and $400 for a new radiator, maybye Melb is just expensive.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Top tank is plastic, middle core is aluminium or steel, bottom tank is plastic.
    Deano.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    Happened in my old Delsol CRX. Went so quick and POW! headgasket gone in like under a minute. I am going full aluminium in my S2000.........

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 4th gen
    Didnt you notice the heatguage going up and steam comming from the engine? thats when you are supposed to turn it off before something like that happens lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude VTI-r
    Until i secure a replacement, how do those 'crack repair kits' work? Waste of money?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    What are the crack repair kits?

Best way is to get is properly repaired/replaced asap.

Just don't use that crap that you add to the coolant.
    Deano.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude VTI-r
    I have located an aftermarket Radiator. Pickup tomorrow.

Should be a pull out drop in job yeh?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Yeh its very easy. You'll be fine.
    Deano.