Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    THat is asking too much of any battery. Except the Odyssey and Optima Yellowtop. But are you willing to pay $300+ for that? Even the Optima in 51R still has problems after being revised.

For the money, I'd just get a AC Delco or Supercharge Gold. Both are about $120. Just don't deep cycle them.

You have to use the regular size ones. The location in your EK can't support a larger battery, unless you do a battery relocation into the boot.
    wats "deep cycle them" mean ? lol cos at Honda (where i work) they sell Supercharge etc aswell so i mite get that since cheaper and easy to get.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by andiiso View Post
    wats "deep cycle them" mean ? lol cos at Honda (where i work) they sell Supercharge etc aswell so i mite get that since cheaper and easy to get.
    Deep cycle means to use them til there is no more capacity. Lead acid batteries tend to shorten their lifespan once you drain them past 60% (if I remember the number correctly). You are meant to always keep a lead acid battery FULLY charged.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    ohkz man, my battery is like under 50% from when i checked last time .. lol i gotta change it and im thinking of reco my alternator

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by andiiso View Post
    ohkz man, my battery is like under 50% from when i checked last time .. lol i gotta change it and im thinking of reco my alternator
    Doubt your alternator has a problem. Your battery wear comes from playing the stereo for more than 20 minutes with the engine off. Shorter if you have an aftermarket system with an amp.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK9 grimspec
    best batt ive found and i punish them in a highly modded 4x4 ( 3 fitted )...also use same type in my ek ive got over 1200w of ice and i can play for near an hour and still kick it over no probs they are deep cycle too get your self a "calcium battery" they are a lot better than lead acid and only about 20-30 more

ive used these batterys for years and in both huge ice and hard core off road
    (( avalible from most autopro shops also autobarn ))
    Last edited by MRGRIM; 31-08-2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: how to get 1
    HCCM #13

Member Array
    Car:
    VE SSV&eg daily
    definately get an optima. got one for my car about 6 weeks ago best battery on the market. i paid 330 from http://www.performancecaraudio.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    Imo Ive had the optima battery and you pay 3x more but do not get 3x more life out of them so I think its a waste of extra money. Just Stick with your normal battery but try to get the calcium calcium battery as they work well in the hondas and make sure that the CCA rating meets or exceeds what is required for the ek.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I've had an Odyssey up until recently that cost $399 and only lasted 3 years..
    Biggest waste of money.
    Definitely just stick to a normal one with a decent cca rating..

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    don't ppl use full stops in their sentences anymore? lol

anyway, i wasn't intentionally planning to drain the battery... just forgot about it while doing some garage work

ok prob just call around tomorrow. called Autobarn other day, said they got Century batteries for about $150... i'll try Honda as well, c what types they got... guess i'll just grab another Century if i can't find anything else, since my current one has lasted me for quite a few years.

anybody know what a "decent" cca rating is for the EK?
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    vin,
    get supercharge from http://www.moorabbinbatteries.com.au/
    mostly it'll just cost you $120.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    I've had an Odyssey up until recently that cost $399 and only lasted 3 years..
    Biggest waste of money.
    Definitely just stick to a normal one with a decent cca rating..
    my odyssey battery has lasted 5 years and still going with its new owner

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Ok.
    Did you have an audio system?Any amps?