Whiteline Springs

Hey guys
    Yes i have used the search option for this.
    does any1 actually have whiteline lowering springs installed on this forum and are happy with them?
    i'm on a student budget so just searching for some springs.
    i'm also bad at saving up.
    the springs that i have already scratched off my list are kings and pedders

if any1 has any other brands that they think is good, feel free to post the brand up and an estimation price if known

Cheers
    Hai

P.S The springs are going onto a Honda Jazz

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK Civic hatch
    I have Skunk2 lowering springs which were fairly cheap, around the $200 mark from 999 automotive. Have a look through the trader forum. Good stuff if you just want something cheap

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    i have white line flats on my dc2 with stock shocks. jus feels like any other springs i guess. comfortable but performance wise u would need aftermarket shocks or else the springs doesnt even feel like it has decreased any body roll
    ohh herrow im jdm

so the whiteline flats are just for looks?
    right now i dont really care about the performance i guess
    all bout the looks for now

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    they go pretty low on the integra dc2, not sure about jazz tho.
    CEE CEE DUB U

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    after coilovers, springs jus dont look low enough lol but for wat it is, they're pretty low. 1.5 finger space between guard and tyres.
    ohh herrow im jdm

> i'm on a student budget so just searching for some springs.

Sounds like Kings and Whiteline would be perfect.

Springs sag a little over use and some manufacturers don't make springs in the rates hardcore racers want.

Both Kings and Whitline suffer a bit from these, but this doesn't sound like it's an issue on your budget.

Stay away from Kings superlows.
    That's not the spring manufacturer's fault. It's just too low.

When going lower, remember you'll lose some shock travel and will probably need to cut the bump stops in half.

> I have Skunk2 lowering springs which were fairly cheap

From memory sk2 have a fairly high rate, which is gonna be bouncy without uprated shocks.

Lastly, Kings and Whiteline are only a small drop. If you have low profile tyres installed it tends not to look any lower.

> The springs are going onto a Honda Jazz

Jaz is strut front suspension, yes?

Even small amounts of lowering badly affect roll centers on strut vehicles. Consider roll centre adjusters, if available for Jaz's or you will not feel an improvement in handling.

Nick.
    Last edited by nd55; 01-09-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Swift ZC31s
    Eibach pro-kit would be my first preference.

i was in your situation..
    heard eibachs were gonna be around $500-600 for 4 springs. a little too much for me. i'm not after performance, mainly looks.
    so i went with kings a month ago <$400 installed. they dropped my car around 3.5-3.8cm
    it's pretty good. the car is just a little bumpier.
    i have pushed my car a little with the king springs and i can say handling is a little better.
    less body roll..the car seems to turn in better...

i've got a 5th gen prelude with stock 205/50/16 tyres.
    there's a 2 finger gap at all 4 wheels but i think the rear is a tiny bit higher..so i think my car is 'raking' slightly but is good from what i've read.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ford Lazer
    alrite mate,
    think im the 2nd person on this room thats got whiteline installed.
    im pairing the whitelines with adjustable shocks from KYB. did some research before got them in
    well when i got my FlatOUTs from whiteline, they werent gradual springs-universal spring gap all the way through. i hear apparently, gradual springs are morefor road and comfort.jst think about it beforeu get it, flatouts are abit too f**kn low, but having enoguh clearance from the new exhaust so thats cool. and makes my dc2 look much nicer too.
    i had the shocks adjusted to most stiff, so dont know how stiff the springs are usualy.
    cheers mate, gl with it
    (repco has some good prices, try get a trade discount. supercheap dont sel it anymore, i wrk there and thats where i got mine from)

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    i have whiteline on my car
    they're okay
    on stock shocks it feels like your driving a stock car