Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

front rotor size

hey guys,

Just wondering what size the front disc rotors are of a Teg VTiR, and also of a ITR.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by stockie
    hey guys,

Just wondering what size the front disc rotors are of a Teg VTiR, and also of a ITR.

Thanks
    Vti-R 262mm diameter and 21mm thickness
    Type-R 282mm diameter and 23 mm thickness?

also Vti-R using 1714 caliper and Type-R using 1715 caliper

thanks for that..
    One more question, because the vtir uses a 4 stud hat / hub and the itr uses a 5 stud hat / hub, can you fit the VTIR 4 stud hat onto a ITR rotor? What else would be involved in doing this?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    thanks for that..
    One more question, because the vtir uses a 4 stud hat / hub and the itr uses a 5 stud hat / hub, can you fit the VTIR 4 stud hat onto a ITR rotor? What else would be involved in doing this?
    you mean you wanna put the 4 stud hub onto the type-r? why do you do that? It makes the hub weaker, or you mean how to put a ITR rotor onto a vti-r 4 stud hub? Hmm.... just redrill the disc, cost you about $20 for each rotor

oh ok.. the situation is that im going to purchase a SIR CRX and i am wanting to do a brake upgrade as i am going to be doing alot of track work. i want to put the type r brakes on the car but i dont really want to go 5 stud cuz then ill need new wheels. That is why im asking if the 4 stud hub will fit on the type r rotor.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    oh ok.. the situation is that im going to purchase a SIR CRX and i am wanting to do a brake upgrade as i am going to be doing alot of track work. i want to put the type r brakes on the car but i dont really want to go 5 stud cuz then ill need new wheels. That is why im asking if the 4 stud hub will fit on the type r rotor.
    You'll be right, just get the disc redrill

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2R
    why not do a honda legend brake conversion?

it uses the same diameter rotor as the ITR (282mm),
    but the rotor is thicker (from memory its 28mm vs 23mm) thicker rotor helps reduce brake fade.
    the rotor is is still 5 stud, but you can redrill it to 4.

also, the V6 legend caliper is twin pot (ITR is single) and will fit under 15" wheels like the ITR brakes.
    Last edited by flyryd; 03-01-2005 at 02:15 PM.

really?? Hmmmm.. Very interesting.
    Thanks for that.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    the only problem to that pipe dream is that legends were rarely sold in AU and the wrecked parts are really hard to obtain

just redril the discs...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by flyryd
    why not do a honda legend brake conversion?

it uses the same diameter rotor as the ITR (282mm),
    but the rotor is thicker (from memory its 28mm vs 23mm) thicker rotor helps reduce brake fade.
    the rotor is is still 5 stud, but you can redrill it to 4.

also, the V6 legend caliper is twin pot (ITR is single) and will fit under 15" wheels like the ITR brakes.
    Just wondering what size of spacer do you need to fit the 28mm disc on?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2R
    to fit the 28mm disc, you wont need spacers.
    but you do need a spacer for the calipers, only 2-4mm.

im using NSX brakes on my ITR, but only using a 25mm rotor (because i cant find any 28mm in NZ).
    it still works well because i have the 96spec JDM ITR (which are 4 stud and run same size brakes as the normal integras)