Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda euro 07
    what you mean brown which brown the dark brown then yea you have to change it but if its like yellowish like brown kinda then its fine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda euro 07
    if you live near livo to cabra area try find lams autos thats where i work well check it up for you and see if its good or not.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK4doors
    the dot near the end of the dip-stick is the minimum oil level; and the dot that is up higher toward the yellow handle is the maximum oil level,

black = bad
    brown = normal
    yellow = new
    flared guards or camber the shnitz out of it

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    crap.. my oil level is like............... 5mm on top of max.. lol is that ok... vtec to burn it off? LOL or umm have to drain it back out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Teggy, Spada Vt

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RtN View Post
    crap.. my oil level is like............... 5mm on top of max.. lol is that ok... vtec to burn it off? LOL or umm have to drain it back out.
    DO NOT RUN THE CAR!!!! WARNING!!! high chance you can damage your internals! drain some of the extra oil out. its best the keep it a little below the upper dot.
    -=¤§ ń Ĩ ģ ĥ ţ Ŵ ő Ł F §¤=- ™

info worth the rep point?
    WIFE AND DOG MISSING!!!
    REWARD FOR DOG

Member Array
    Car:
    Teggy, Spada Vt
    danny like many have stated its best to change the oil and start fresh. oil filter, plugs, fuel filter, coolent and most importently oil. pick a good oil for the car. Motul is alright but over rated in my opinion. make sure you get a thin oil depending on how you run your car. when picking the oil check the viscocity of the oil after warming up. most important. in Vtec you dont really want a high viscocity oil you want a low viscocity oil to keep things smooth. talk to the reps before you buy the oil and tell them if you drive mostly on high revs or low revs and they shall assist you with the best oil for the engine.
    -=¤§ ń Ĩ ģ ĥ ţ Ŵ ő Ł F §¤=- ™

info worth the rep point?
    WIFE AND DOG MISSING!!!
    REWARD FOR DOG

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by RtN View Post
    That's fine. I have run mine 10mm above the top of max.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by night_wolf View Post
    DO NOT RUN THE CAR!!!! WARNING!!! high chance you can damage your internals! drain some of the extra oil out. its best the keep it a little below the upper dot.
    Disagree. My car is still fine after running from 5 to 10mm above the dot for the past 4 years.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    What's all this about overfilling oil, and then you get too much crank pressure, and it causes blow by.

Never understood it... Arron?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    What's all this about overfilling oil, and then you get too much crank pressure, and it causes blow by.

Never understood it... Arron?
    No, blowby comes from worn piston rings. Not from overfilling. But if you have the oil level high enough that when you corner hard, the oil sloshes into the PCV line, then you extra oil being sent to the combustion chamber and burnt. That could be the explanation why people say that too much oil causes too much crank pressure (which makes no sense).

This is probably the reason why I always see B series engines give out a cloud of smoke in the right turn after the fishhook at Wakie.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Hmmm... Ok.

On the topic of oil. If oil smells quite a bit like fuel, does this mean piston rings are going? No oil burns at all, no smoke comes out of exhaust and when oil is drained, there is no fuel seperated from the oil itself.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    Hmmm... Ok.

On the topic of oil. If oil smells quite a bit like fuel, does this mean piston rings are going? No oil burns at all, no smoke comes out of exhaust and when oil is drained, there is no fuel seperated from the oil itself.
    Doubt it, because mine also smells like fuel after driving. Could just the combustion gases in the engine giving the smell to the oil.