Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC2 Gsi trackcar

Hi Guys,
    I am a lurker of these forums and have been for a while. I have out of luck been handed over a fairly beaten up Honda Integra Gsi DC2, thats been used in the family as a bush bashing hack (ie. spare car) and am contemplating turning it into a weekend track car.

I just wanted to ask how interchangeable are DC2R parts to the stock DC2?
    suspension, brakes, engines, LSD gearboxes, etc etc. I'm guessing they share the same parts bin at honda. I am aware of 5 stud bolt pattern on the brakes of DC2R compared to the stock DC2. My idea is to pretty much head to the parts section of these forums and get as many interchangeable parts from a DC2R as possible.

In simple terms i plan on targeting: suspension, brakes, air intake, exhaust stripping the car to bare bones, and then just tracking it.

I want to make this project as simple and cheap as possible.
    Any suggestions, ideas, tips and advice greatly appriciated. Here to learn and garner what advice i can.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    i think the major difference is just the 5 stud patten and also those LCA are different....i am not so sure correct me if im wrong.....maybe u need to change those LCA aswell if u want to swap the suspension over....i own a dc4 aswell.....but im letting it go now....

PM Tinkerbell...he's got a similar one which he tracks very successfully. Infact, he won the Type 3B State Supersprint championships last year.
    MFactory Competition Products

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    sell it and buy a dc2r.

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    u can never be a type R but that doesnt stop u from surpassing its stock performance ability. if ur chassis is feeling old i recommend some good struts and H braces under neath

as for suspension dont bother with the dc2r stuff, because ur gona spend alot of $$ buying stock oem parts to fit the type R shocks into ur dc4 wen that money could be spent buying coilovers to suit ur car straight fit.

stripping the car butt naked is fun, and remove ur sound deadning for the wank factor/weight reduction/raw sound.

if ur really want dc2R brakes then its gona cost some money, alternatively i recommend some good pads, braided lines, good fluids.

u could live with a b18b,, they're torquey enough and will provide average power, b18c head will get u into the vtec game. along with the 4.7gear box from the type R in the long run if u want will help u heaps.

then u have the normal i/h/e
    ohh herrow im jdm

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    sell it and buy a dc2r.
    hehehe i was waiting for that one or the buy an evo comment

others thanks guys keep the suggestions coming in....

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    I think Qball should input into this. He has converted his rciey dc4 into a dc2r wanabe track/street car.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    i think i should post this...

LS = Aus GSi
    GS-R = Aus VTi-R
    Type R = Type R

I rex the B18b has build potential if you can get it to rev a tad higher with the right cams and compression + supporting mods (valve springs, rod bolts, etc)
    Last edited by dsp26; 11-09-2008 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

wow such a stark difference between these engines! the type r's drivetrain is definately proven with a chassis to match.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    GSi = DC4

Any parts can be made to fit with little or no trouble, a good upgrade would be to fit Type R rear lower control arms, this will open up a whole lot of coil over/sprin & strut options

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    I think Qball should input into this. He has converted his rciey dc4 into a dc2r wanabe track/street car.
    LOL, its gonna be my "wkly-mobile" ... with the occasional track appearance haha

Quote Originally Posted by NissTrust View Post
    In simple terms i plan on targeting: suspension, brakes, air intake, exhaust stripping the car to bare bones, and then just tracking it.

I want to make this project as simple and cheap as possible.
    Any suggestions, ideas, tips and advice greatly appriciated. Here to learn and garner what advice i can.

Cheers
    Pretty much everything is interchangeable between the 2.. bar suspension and brakes.

You'll need to upgrade to DC2R LCAs in order for the type R sussy to fit on the GSi.
    Also, regarding the brakes, obviously, you'll need to either change to a 5 stud hub to fit DC2R rotors on it...
    The other alternative is get DC2R sized rotors in 4x100.

Exhaust - interchangeable.
    Motor swaps between the 2/intake swaps - straight drop in.
    Ecu - i believe depends on the yr of your dc4... i have a 96 and the ecu i believe was a straight plug n play.

If you're not doign motor swaps, the dc2r gb is direct bolt on with the b18b motor.
    It would be a pretty good upgrade with the shorter gearing and lsd
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

thanks for the advice Qball. i'll have to track down some lower control arms as i definately do want coilovers for it. I'm not expecting to be extremely competitive just to get out there with a car that is semi capable. i'll probably work with the current brake setup and upgrade rotors, pads, lines etc to get the most out if it.