Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 CRV
    thx for all the response, I will make a booking for a driving lesson this weekend.

next thing to do is to keep an eye out for an affordable Type-R (I can't really justify paying $30k+ for the DC5R's on the market at the moment, afterall, they are all 4-6 years old.......)

Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    Just a question, 2.5 kids is that even possible?
    lol I was just referring to the typical/average family where dad works, mums stays at home, lives in a McMansion, and on average they have 2.5 kids per household

and when I get to that point in my life, it would be nearly impossible to get an Integra

Member Array
    Car:
    Pair of everlast shoes
    like mentioned b4. The Type R gettings REALLY bumpy compared to the crv.

30k+ have you considered a Type S (still manual)? i find it a lot more smoother, with lux and also still fun to drive

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RA1 sooo old
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    now back on topic, by noob I mean a manual noob, I have 16 years of driving experience in auto, I did try to learn manual all those years ago, but had given up after a few lessons

my plan of attack is to get a few lessons from an instructor, then practise my my brother's and friend's car, and hopefully after a month or two I will be confindent enough to drive a manual. My only worry is whether a Type-R would be too much to handle for someone who has no experience in driving manual.

any input would be much appericated

i m unsure what the laws are now reguarding licences as much has changed since i got mine and i m in QLD. but back 6yrs ago when i got my licence, if you got an Auto licence and then later wanted to drive a manual you have to re-take the driving test again.

so you'd have to book an instructors car for 2 hours, take a lesson and then get the test officer to take you out to try 4 your licence.

manuals are worth the effort i got my manual licence but then went straight into an auto for 3 years, regretted it. got a manual now, took a bit to re-learn
    but much more fun.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by mp- View Post
    30k+ have you considered a Type S (still manual)? i find it a lot more smoother, with lux and also still fun to drive
    yeah I would say Type-S would probably be more suited to my needs (smoother ride as a daily commuter, will never go on track, and looks like I might have issues fitting into the Recaro seats anyway........), plus I like the post-facelift front and rear design too

while the 02-04 DC5 front/rear looks like a continuation of the DC4 "four-eyes" design (which are great too), the post-facelife kinda reminds me of the early 90's Teg I felt in love with all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo2302 View Post
    i m unsure what the laws are now reguarding licences as much has changed since i got mine and i m in QLD. but back 6yrs ago when i got my licence, if you got an Auto licence and then later wanted to drive a manual you have to re-take the driving test again.
    I had a look on NSW's RTA website but can't seem to find anything like that, although I do vaguely remember hearing something like this years ago, I guess things must've changed since?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Buy a Da3
    Engine Swap
    ???
    Profit

...what im trying to say is why not Buy a Da3 (2door teg or he'll try find a 4door rover) and do it up?

They're a nice car...*drools*
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    In response to one of your earlier post OP..about the tiptronic....only thing worth mentioning is a car with DSG in it, if your goner buy a car just for the tiptronic/paddle shifts..=)

DC2R ftw =)...But DC5 Type R's are worth there every cent if they are in good condition,, even if that is paying 30k =)
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTI-R CIVIC
    get a dc2r and live the young life!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo2302 View Post
    If your on your P's then you will have to go for another test, because the license states what transmission you drive. If your on your fulls, you can drive any transmission. In Victoria btw

smiliar story here mate,

i was driving an old auto magna and got a manual cd5 and had to ask a mate to drive it back for me!

then i took a lesson and started to drive around the block for a couple of weeks. you wont regret it

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    I thought all licenses had to state which transmission Hugohung
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    b20 dc2
    i got my lz last september... got my integra 3 weeks ago which is manual and dat was da first time i drove manual and i got my driving test in 2 weeks soo geeeed

ohh and i had 3 manual lessons b4 i bought the car and one after
    Last edited by danny_2132; 16-09-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
    I thought all licenses had to state which transmission Hugohung
    2 of my bros also have full licenses that doesnt state the transmission type.

Read here: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...ictransmission

on P's if you drive auto, you have to stick with auto until you complete the probationary period. After that, your license doesnt specify transmission type.
    Last edited by hugohung23; 17-09-2008 at 08:48 AM.