Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    S2Krazy Array
    I did a quote for famous, but I think I have to ring up and quote the number given, as I can't see anywhere on their site where to enter the quote number?
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 3rd Hatchback Civic.
    Quote Originally Posted by amirul View Post
    wow WTF looking @ all of urs premium, look like i got rape hard core by NRMA............thanx heaps for this thread to exist man. gotta chnage my insurance broker now........and im 23yrs. some younger ones even got cheaper than me.....this if F^%ked!

bro why bother with insurance with @ that price, ill rather get 3rd party fire theft under parents names so if something does happen to it parked this and that u neccesarily werent in the car so it doesnt matter whos names it under, and even if you do have an accident wat r the fkn chances man of the damage exceeding 10k and the questiion is wil u even have an accident man. fuk that go just car or do i wat i just wrote
    -

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 3rd Hatchback Civic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    I just called up Just Car Insurance and requested to know how much it would add to the cost of my insurance policy premium if I were too boost it.

She asked me how much the S/c kit was worth, I told her $4000.

Taps the keyboard multiple times, and comes back with a reply of......

.........$9.00

Yes the decimal point is in the right spot. hahahaha $9. Then she goes, we wouldn't even charge you for it, we'd just add it to your policy to state it was supercharged.

She then asked if I need to change the ECU though. I said not yet, but at a later date when I run 9psi, yes. I told her the value, $2000, and she tapped away on the keyboard again, and said, it'd be an extra....

..........$14.00

And again she said they wouldn't even bother to charge me, just update my policy.

Sounds like a good deal? hahahaha
    mate you better be careful, they act liek its nothing this that then wen its time to make a claim watch them hesitate, my cousin asked about 20s on his car they said yeah fine this that, then wen it was time to make a claim they said the rims wer fine only if roadworthy in his case no so no claim. there dodgy f*kers so be careful how u describe and get every detail
    -

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    when i had the car at age 22 or 23. under my name insured for 46k i was only paying around $1400 a year

i was with justcars first at around 1800. then changed to Ryno and it was around 1400 p.a.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    I have my cars with Shannons. I pay something like $980.00 or $1070.00 orsomething per year. I am an old bastard rating 1 though, and my other cars get me a 10% discount. Then when I get my cams license it goes down again. Thats with the mods listed too. Next month I am insuring the house too, cheaper than AAMI again-and they have $10,000.00 enthusiast cover for my home workshop, tools hell even my old spares cars out the side if they are nicked!

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Shannons rocks!!! i swapped last week

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    Bingle doesnt allow for any modification what so ever. So no point insuring with them, then trying to make a claim and they reject your claim cause your car is modified.

JustCar seems to have the cheapest premium with AdJust premium, but excess suck due to the PlusVehicle excess of $2000.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2k
    Hey guys,

I've been quoted some huge figures in the past as a 19 year old with VTEC but I just received a quote from Commonwealth bank insurance, who used to be underwritten by Allianz and was notorious for totally excessive prices.

To my amazement, they no longer use Allianz, so the yearly cost of insuring a 1999 s2k comprehensively in 5068 (safely tucked away in lil Adelaide, the place to live for cheap insurance!) with 2grand worth of mods done to it (their valuation of the car being $28000) is $1000 a year for me (female, now 21 years old) with a rating one.

I was all set to go with just cars (as I have done for years now) but apart from the fact that Commbank beat their yearly quote by $500, they have no such thing as a $2000 excess levy for it being an s2k like just cars do!!!!!! I would have been up for $2500 excess easy with just cars, but Commbank's excess for me is $300!! Win!!

Here's their number if you're as excited as I am 13 24 23
    Oh and btw- their online quotes tend not to be as good- apparently they prefer over the phone details etc to give you the best quote- my online vs over the phone quote with Commbank was about $400 difference. It's definitely worth the phone call! I've never been so recommending of a bank

Hope that helps, cheers guys!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra vtir
    ok for you guys who are putting it under your parents name and the car is yours or you drive most you may aswel not bother insuring it wether you're looking at full comp or just third party......

i work for insurance and every insurance company have investigators if a claim is not in order. if they find out you drive the most and you are no where to be seen on the insurance you may be damaging your chances of having a claim accepted. i know of 2 insurance companies who are very strict on claims and they are popular companies.....

why bother risking a car worth $$$$ just to pay cheaper insurance and potentially not be covered.... i really just dont understand people who do this. what a waste of money in the long run if you do claim and you get denied. you're up shit creek to buy a new car

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by xtina View Post
    ok for you guys who are putting it under your parents name and the car is yours or you drive most you may aswel not bother insuring it wether you're looking at full comp or just third party......

i work for insurance and every insurance company have investigators if a claim is not in order. if they find out you drive the most and you are no where to be seen on the insurance you may be damaging your chances of having a claim accepted. i know of 2 insurance companies who are very strict on claims and they are popular companies.....

why bother risking a car worth $$$$ just to pay cheaper insurance and potentially not be covered.... i really just dont understand people who do this. what a waste of money in the long run if you do claim and you get denied. you're up shit creek to buy a new car
    shes right i work for an insurance company aswell...its worth it putting it in your name

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    wholey shiet.. ive been looking around NRMA quoted me 5,700 pa
    i just tryed a quote from commonweath under my mums name and it only came up on 28k agreed value ONLY 1,427 pa WOW

LOL.. then i added my name as a 2nd driver the quote jumped to 4,700
    Last edited by RMN15N; 29-09-2008 at 01:44 PM.
    +kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R

insurance sucks for sydney siders...
    i got quoted $4500 for value of 42k.. crazy..