Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Road noise is like a regular high performance tyre, not very loud. I've also got a set of Bridgestone RE01R tyres which are their best tyre, and they are similar in performance to the RS2. Either way RE001 or RS2 you can't go wrong.

> What is High Grip Silica Compound

Tyre rubber typically has a significant portion of fillers to add strength and increase durability. Carbon in particular.

ie, the rubber itself has stuff added to it make it better.

This is separate to the belts and cords used used in a typical tyre construction

In the last 10 years, the technology has come about to add silica to the rubber. This allows a softer rubber to last longer.

Manufacturers give it all sorts of fancy names to distinguish it over non-silica tyres.

Many newer release high perf street tyres will have this nowdays - correct me if I'm wrong.

Nick.

Thanks guys! They do look pretty nice

I might test out a set since I have 3 cars... I'll compare it to RE001.

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by EK9 View Post
    Haven't used this tyre, but am currently using the Ventus V8 RS - a more street tyre, less noisy then the high end performance ones like the R-S2. All i can say is when i switched to these Hankook tyres (from BS GIII, Eagle F1s) with the silica technology, i felt these were amazing... great grip, and vastly improved handling. i found my turn ins were sharper and had less oversteer.

I'd highly recommend these silica Hankook tyres...
    I've also been using the Ventus V8 RS Tires and have been very happy with them.
    Mine are coming to the end of their life and I'm considering buying another set. the V12 EVO are more of a wet weather tire than the V8 which are rated as a "all season"

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Quote Originally Posted by jugbugz View Post
    Thanks guys! They do look pretty nice

I might test out a set since I have 3 cars... I'll compare it to RE001.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Ok guys, I ended up opting for the RE001.

I asked the Hankook Dealer how they are with road noise. And the guy said 'nope, they are made to just grip, grip and grip'. Not good with road noise.

Even though these were cheaper and better performing than the RE001, it wasn't what I wanted.

So I guess I'll have to leave the review to someone else

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Speaking of road noise, my falken azenis RT615 is prett noisy at around 60-70km. Maybe i need to put carpet in?