Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CTR import

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic VtiR coupe

CTR import

I've searched as much as I can but haven't come up with any fruit on the topic of importing a CTR.

I'm fully aware of the rebuild loophole in vic. However I could not find any thread/topic that could conclusively confirm or deny that it was legally possible to import through this "rebuild" guise.

I don't purport toward doing anything illegal. Just hoping to see if anyone knows if there is an above-board means that would work?

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

I have done quite a bit of research and to date the last thing i will do is contact a vic roads authorised engineer. As it's these folks who do the inspections for the "rebuilds" that are done in vic.

Otherwise if im wasting my time I'd love to know!

Wasn't too sure where to lodge this thread so sorry if it coulda been better placed. =)
    Last edited by Killer.B; 08-01-2005 at 12:59 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    honestly, i think finding a way to import urself is a waste of time. best bet is to buy one already here. or if ur super lucky, u mite know sumone from japan, who is willing to buy one, keep it for 12mths then send it over here for ya
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    i was thinking of buying one in hk and keep it for 1 yr then sending it over
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Got any rellies in New Zealand?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by gelo
    i was thinking of buying one in hk and keep it for 1 yr then sending it over
    Just wondering, where are you going to park it in hk in the following 1 yr? you really gotta hide away from everybody and lock it up

Anyway i think it's just too long to get a car from overseas, wait for 1 yr then do personal import, it's just waste of time, except you had your own car in overseas already then it won't be any problems

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow DC2R
    maybe this will help you get started...

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsa...ch_distance=25

alot easier and gets all the fuss out of the way

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    thats true if dont live in HK and dont have a car park space thats problem but EK9's at HK are pretty cheap

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry
    thats true if dont live in HK and dont have a car park space thats problem but EK9's at HK are pretty cheap
    Right....... and i don't think there are any EK9 and DC2R which is still in good conditions in HK anymore, they sure have tons of good mods but the car never in good conditions, ppl just keep crashing and crashing

The term "total-loss" in hk and aus are day and night difference
    In hk, total loss means.... TOTAL LOSS!!!!! NOTHING LEFT!!!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by r|Ce_bOi
    maybe this will help you get started...

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsa...ch_distance=25

alot easier and gets all the fuss out of the way
    hahaha that old chestnut.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2
    Right....... and i don't think there are any EK9 and DC2R which is still in good conditions in HK anymore, they sure have tons of good mods but the car never in good conditions, ppl just keep crashing and crashing

The term "total-loss" in hk and aus are day and night difference
    In hk, total loss means.... TOTAL LOSS!!!!! NOTHING LEFT!!!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!
    there are quite alot of dc2r's in HK still but not as much as ek9's over there but depends which area u in i guess. yeah over there TOTAL does mean TOTAL LOSS i agree

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    There are some members online selling their genuine EK9's

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

y get a CTR neway? not all that much better from the Aus Spec DC2R neway

so much hassle and seems to cost more