Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornzzz View Post
    are there any local retailers that stock them??
    I haven't seen any locally.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

I'm about to install some Ferodo XL pads onto the Euro Accord 05 next week, about time as never been able to get around doing it!

I heard its just a normal street pad but having had some rather strange experience with Bendix Ultimates with metallic materal before (suffered lots of cold whining noise, plus lack of braking power when too cold, and total lack of it when too hot, although otherwise very good in the right temp range), I decided to gamble on the Ferodos street pads over stock or the Bendix Ultimates or Premium for now.

Will report back after a few weeks time after bedding them in!

And wondering if any of you have used the Ferodo XL's before ?
    Last edited by Omotesando; 26-09-2008 at 12:28 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I have used the Ferodo XL on the Astra to replace the Lucas pads that are stock Holden/Vauxhall. The XLs have less initial bite and do have less friction. But they don't eat up the rotors like the Lucas pads were doing (1 rotor per set of pads).

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I have used the Ferodo XL on the Astra to replace the Lucas pads that are stock Holden/Vauxhall. The XLs have less initial bite and do have less friction. But they don't eat up the rotors like the Lucas pads were doing (1 rotor per set of pads).
    thats crazy!
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Ok thanks for the information!

Now I'm starting to wonder if I should get a refund of it lol. But for only $75.00 a pair I'll see what I get. Much better than paying Honda a lot of for the stock pads, which couldn't get any worst anyway (too soft, initially grippy but leaves much deposits on the discs).

If anything I'll just swap them again for the Hawks Pads

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Omotesando View Post
    Ok thanks for the information!

Now I'm starting to wonder if I should get a refund of it lol. But for only $75.00 a pair I'll see what I get. Much better than paying Honda a lot of for the stock pads, which couldn't get any worst anyway (too soft, initially grippy but leaves much deposits on the discs).

If anything I'll just swap them again for the Hawks Pads

Give it a go, the price is good and it is still adequate for street use.

Reviving this thread again, any1 know what's a decent price for a brake pad replacement?? not the pads, the labour for fitting.. Got the hawk performance hps pads and now need to get it put on the car.. DIY is not an option.. lol thanks..

EDIT: was quoted $92 for a pad change at K-mart auto.. so that should be a benchmark.. Not sure if it includes a brake fluid change..
    Last edited by bjornzzz; 30-09-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I don't trust k-mart. What state are you in?

was thinking about that too.. I'm in melbourne, outer eastern suburbs..
    Suburb: Wantirna 3152 (for reference.. lol)

Oh and how long does it take?? the guys at k mart said 2-3 hours.. and i don't really think it takes that long..

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    Your old rotors seem to be in good condition. You need to bed the HPS pads in. Look on the box, there are bedding in instructions. You MUST follow them. I had the same experience with Hawk Ceramics. Once you bed them in, they bite better than stock.
    After 2 months of using the brakes even after proper bedding instructions I can finally say that the Hawks HPS approx after 1000kms (city) out brake OEM and the bite is very noticeable over stock and stopping power has definately improved. Initially I was left with the opinion that not much has changed over stock even after proper bedding in procedures, however that has changed after a couple of months of normal driving, I get the feeling the Hawks pads require alot more bedding in than the box recommends.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Min988 View Post
    After 2 months of using the brakes even after proper bedding instructions I can finally say that the Hawks HPS approx after 1000kms (city) out brake OEM and the bite is very noticeable over stock and stopping power has definately improved. Initially I was left with the opinion that not much has changed over stock even after proper bedding in procedures, however that has changed after a couple of months of normal driving, I get the feeling the Hawks pads require alot more bedding in than the box recommends.
    agreed, mine only worn in better a couple of weeks ago.

and i've had them on for a while.....but cause i changed my rotors too.

did you?
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    agreed, mine only worn in better a couple of weeks ago.

and i've had them on for a while.....but cause i changed my rotors too.

did you?
    I changed my pads and rotors at the same time as well.