Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by corn_flakes View Post
    now i'm sure most of you here have this rattle...seems like most people do...

this faint rattle, coming from the front windows....i myself in particular have it on my front passenger side window...

what i want to know is what is causing this damn rattle?????

WHY does it only rattle when the window is ALL the way up....why does it stop when we put the window down a few millimetres???

has anyone removed their door trim to try to work out why or wat causes this? when i have some free time in a few weeks, i might take off my door trim and try to fix this damn friggin problem....

Do you have your windows tinted?? I'm just thinking if someone did a bad job during the tinting process that requires removing the door panels and not fitting it back properly.. that could cause ratttling

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    My car is 7mth old,no rattles at all!BUT,ft doors had dynamat installed when i had speakers amps etc.installed from new.I also have tint.There seems to be a pattern here!I think dynamat in ft.doors=no rattles from window.

My euro (2 months old) has a slight "rattle" noise on the front two door windows. The car is stock (I dont have any tinting as yet).
    Dont know if I would classify mine as a rattle but it has a rattle like behaviour but at a lower volume.

I have the same rattle in both front windows. If I drop them a bit, it stops. However, if I open and then immediately close the window again, the rattle stops for a while as well. Anyone else got that?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    Yeah i've got the same rattling sound ever since I got the tinting done. At first i thought it could be the door panels but maybe not as I had splits installed later (no dynamat) and the rattling is still there. Maybe the panel was not clipped back again properly or it's a window problem some of you are having. Maybe I should try to get some dynamat for the doors.
    The rattling is very annoying especially with other people in the car. It makes the Euro sound like my old ferret (Corolla).

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by CIGXM View Post
    I have the same rattle in both front windows. If I drop them a bit, it stops. However, if I open and then immediately close the window again, the rattle stops for a while as well. Anyone else got that?
    Yep thats exactly what happens.
    Honda should really look into it and release a fix.

Here's an interesting quote from TSXClub:

I've had the driver side door panel rattling on my 05 TSX for a long time and was never able to find a permanent fix until today. Prior to today, I've been leaving the window just a tad down as a quick fix which someone posted on this forum before. However, I found the root of the problem today. It turned out that some parts of the door was screwed in too tight, causing the metal inside the car to resonate with road or audio system vibrations. To fix the problem, I opened up the driver door interior panel and loosened (just a little) the hexagonal screw located about 1/3 way from the bottom and near the end of the driverside door. To my surprise, the rattling is gone permanently, even with the windows all the way up.
    http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13639
    .© ♪

Same problem

My car is 7 weeks old and it had front windows rattling and noise from the front right tyre. I have taken it back to honda and they can see anything wrong with . So i will just put up with it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I plan to dynamat my front doors one day.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    i was driving an 06/07 civic today...heard the same gay rattle...window down a bit gets rid of it too...

GAYNESS

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Just wondering if anyone in Melbourne has had their window rattle problem permanently fixed by the dealer? My dealer has had 3 attempts now and it is worse than before. It's time to try another dealer.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    8th Gen Honda Accord Euro
    Hi guys. As my accord euro is just weeks old, I didn't expect to have rattles.
    But, it did and I found out where the rattle was coming from.
    At first, I thought it was the front passenger window, but it wasn't in my case.
    The door trim was completely pulled off for window tinting at the dealership.
    When they put it back, they didn't do a good job and some hooks in the door trim were broken and they didn't tell me.
    After driving me car for a 1 week, the tweeter side of the front passenger door trim was coming off.
    Check your door trim as it may be the problem, at least in my case it was.

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    my pax side front window rattles only when it is half way opened. will be getting the dealer to look into it in the next service.

otherwise, the dash squeaks whenever i turn the steering wheel. a bit irritating, but i've gotten used to it.