Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo

Heavy Duty clutch install on EK

Does anyone have a DIY on installing a heavy duty clutch on a EK? Or anything if its all the same sort of procedure....

Im needing to change my clutch, its slipping way to much and i need to replace it before theres nothing left lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    this diy shows how to get the gearbox off:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12789

then once its off its just the same as changing any clutch so search the internet and see what you find....as a basis:

-undo clutch pressure plate
    -remove clutch friction disc
    -remove flywheel if you are machining it (i recommend this to prevent clutch shudder from the new clutch) or if you want to change the rear main seal.
    -test that the new clatch plate splines fit onto the input shaft splines of the gearbox to make sure its the right clutch
    -replace spiggot bearing in flywheel centre if you have one
    - put flywheel back on, do up bolts evenly in a criss cross pattern, u will prob need someone to hold the front crank pulley bolt so you can do the flywheel bolts up, or you can wedge a bar onto the teeth of the flywheel.
    - replace throwout bearing on the clutch fork, lubricate it with a light smear of grease where it travels on the shaft and on the front where it will contact the pressure plate.
    - put light smear of grease on the clutch fork pivot
    - put clutch friction disc and pressure plate on and use aligning tool or your fingers to centre the clutch plate, do up the pressure plate bolts slowly in a criss cross pattern in 2 or so stages (if you just do up one bolt all the way while others are loose you could snap a finger on the diaghragm spring of the pressure plate).
    - put gearbox back on

im done
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    Sweet thanks!

Thats a really good write up on how to remover the gearbox, just got to get all those steps wrapped around my brain so i do everything right lol.

Cheers.