Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by BC8 View Post
    i think the default ones provide for ya are the kuhmo's. \?
    Well i said Kuhmo's cause lots of places use them as there standard tyre..
    but they are good but u will be back there in less then 10,000ks getting new ones..
    Dont always look for the brand.. just tell them u want a hard compound tyre..
    i wouldnt be paying anything over 250 a piece for tyres as u dont need expensive ones for daily driving...
    What are you from???? i can help you out with people i know which will hook u up with cheaper then any one has offered you...just meet them from doing my two cars and brothers...

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by akaiEG5 View Post
    sorry to highjack your thread but if your looking for rims... i've got a set of white ep3 type r for sale without tyres. they look exactly like the civic sport model but just in white. hit me with a pm if your interested or anyone else. *very clean no brake dust
    would they fit a normal civic though?

i bought 16" tyres, very cheap 40 bucks ea,
    to me its rubber look alike, made in china, maybe it made from half rubber half plastic

so when you drive the car on wet condition road, and you brake the car really hard,
    you car sliding not stoping, the car itself actually stop, but it just keep sliding

its only two weeks after i bought this tyres, i got sliding accident, hit the car in front of me , its call gemstone brand, bridgestone copycat, i should sue this tyre shop for selling sht tyres
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    my recommendation would be Michelin Pilot Preceda, I found them to be an excellent tyre, 53,000km from first set. $230.00 each

Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    my recommendation would be Michelin Pilot Preceda, I found them to be an excellent tyre, 53,000km from first set. $230.00 each
    53000 klms??? thats impossible. either you bought the tyres and didn't put them on til 53k later or you turned them into slicks and drove un-roadworthy tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by 7ypeR View Post
    53000 klms??? thats impossible. either you bought the tyres and didn't put them on til 53k later or you turned them into slicks and drove un-roadworthy tyres.
    umm. no. my car has 25000kms. has about 50% thread left. the funny thing is that my car gets decent wheelspin almost every day. so im with buddha51au- 100% recommend these tyres!

Quote Originally Posted by bodaas
    i bought 16" tyres, very cheap 40 bucks ea,
    to me its rubber look alike, made in china, maybe it made from half rubber half plastic

so when you drive the car on wet condition road, and you brake the car really hard,
    you car sliding not stoping, the car itself actually stop, but it just keep sliding

its only two weeks after i bought this tyres, i got sliding accident, hit the car in front of me , its call gemstone brand, bridgestone copycat, i should sue this tyre shop for selling sht tyres
    you contradict yourself in that.

id sue myself for buying tyres that shit in the first place im afraid.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by 7ypeR View Post
    Comments like that really make me laugh. For your information the tyres were fitted on the day i brought the car & furthermore if i wanted to wear them down to the wear indicators i could have possibly got another 2,000 or 3,000km from them. 3 of the tyres are in the shed as i will use them in the garden, unfortunately there was insufficient room to bring the 4th home.

Sorry dude i just checked them out. Yeah they do last that long but thats cos they run a harder rubber compound. Good sports tyre, but not rated as high as yoko ad07 or bridges adrenalin. I thought the preceda was the top of line sports model. my mistake

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I found both wet and dry handling of the Michelins more than adequate on a light car like the civic in both wet and dry conditions. Obviously if it was a high performance car i would upgrade to the Preceda Sport.....they are good enough to be fitted as standard to the current TT Porsche, therefore would be good enough for any performance sedan. I was more tha happy to get 53,000km fron them but a major advantage is 90% open road work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
    umm. no. my car has 25000kms. has about 50% thread left. the funny thing is that my car gets decent wheelspin almost every day. so im with buddha51au- 100% recommend these tyres!

you contradict yourself in that.

id sue myself for buying tyres that shit in the first place im afraid.
    how do you sue them?, have you ever sue other people before?
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    250 a pop for bridgestone adrenalines..........17/215/45

very worth it if you kain your car often.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by LD_Mart View Post
    Well i said Kuhmo's cause lots of places use them as there standard tyre..
    but they are good but u will be back there in less then 10,000ks getting new ones..
    Dont always look for the brand.. just tell them u want a hard compound tyre..
    i wouldnt be paying anything over 250 a piece for tyres as u dont need expensive ones for daily driving...
    What are you from???? i can help you out with people i know which will hook u up with cheaper then any one has offered you...just meet them from doing my two cars and brothers...
    which tyre/wheel places can you recommend me?

i've checked payless tyres and seems to be a 4 week wait for the rims i want, tempe stock them and also taleb tyre(nexen tyres). Anybody heard of nexen, do they last and not too sure if it will be hard compound or not cause i haven't asked.

my budget would prob be 250 max for a tyre as its just daily driving and not like its a performance car ahhaa.! just want reliability and safety with a added peace of mind