Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    As it stands the car is still making the noise. I was kindly sent the purchase questionnaire from Honda Australia. I have included in that a 2 page typed letter explaining the situation along with, in my opinion, the lack of care, knowledge and willingness to sort the problem on a car that should not have this for the price paid, its not a Hyundai though I am beginning to wonder.

The car has had several tanks of 98 now and it gets worse the longer things go, it now does it maintaining 60 on a flat road and even more so up hills, taking off from lights under normal acceleration (ie keeping up with everyone else).

This is especially good when the "technician" and I use that term loosely could only hear the noise when the car was half cold...though I can hear it all the time, must be my superman hearing I guess...and the solution...wait for it...don't baby the car but don't thrash it and see how it goes...

To say that I am over it is an understatement, I will be contacting Honda Australia next week if I have not heard anything as I am somewhat appalled, the reason I bought the Honda was its relatively good reputation for build quality and drivetrain quality over the likes of Subaru and Toyota, but I am beginning to wonder...maybe I should have bought the Subbie after all...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    Type R yes have considered the gearbox oil, but I will not touch anything on the car due to the disclaimers, clauses and everything else included in the warranty information...not worth even opening the bonnet...

I'm driving a 2007 civic auto and whenever I use 91ron fuel, there is a rattling (more like clicking) for a few seconds when I accelerate slowly. More noticeable if I'm going up a hill after a stop. From what I know, alot of 8th gen Civic auto is having the same problem aswell. I went to my dealer the first time and to a different honda dealer the second time and had my car thoroughly checked for timing, such and such, and they couldn't find the problem. The only suggestion they made was to fill up with 98ron petrol as the problem dissapears after using premium petrol. << all this happens before I had my 20k service..

However, after I had my 20k service, the dealer used a different brand of engine oil (I think its a Honda premium oil) and the problem dissapears. My car used to have a Castrol oil when the problem occurs. I'm happily using 91ron petrol now whenever 98ron is too expensive.. lol

Hope this helps..
    Last edited by jckidz; 26-09-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobjones View Post
    As it stands the car is still making the noise. I was kindly sent the purchase questionnaire from Honda Australia. I have included in that a 2 page typed letter explaining the situation along with, in my opinion, the lack of care, knowledge and willingness to sort the problem on a car that should not have this for the price paid, its not a Hyundai though I am beginning to wonder.

The car has had several tanks of 98 now and it gets worse the longer things go, it now does it maintaining 60 on a flat road and even more so up hills, taking off from lights under normal acceleration (ie keeping up with everyone else).

This is especially good when the "technician" and I use that term loosely could only hear the noise when the car was half cold...though I can hear it all the time, must be my superman hearing I guess...and the solution...wait for it...don't baby the car but don't thrash it and see how it goes...

To say that I am over it is an understatement, I will be contacting Honda Australia next week if I have not heard anything as I am somewhat appalled, the reason I bought the Honda was its relatively good reputation for build quality and drivetrain quality over the likes of Subaru and Toyota, but I am beginning to wonder...maybe I should have bought the Subbie after all...
    Well said, mate!!
    Afterall, Honda is not that far ahead from others. I will have to think about it again if i change my car next time. This is my 1st Honda, but its not a very good experience so far.
    My car still the same after few tanks of 98ron. Spoken to dealer, they said they are waiting for Honda Australia to get back to them. When i called up Honda Australia, they asked me to go back to dealer. Any issue has to come from Dealer. They all should play in the grand final....great handballing!!!!
    I am not sure what other options we got. Fortunately, i know 1 owner from Sydney called Honda Japan to complain about the situation here. His car is being investigate by a "special" technician from Melbourne under the instruction from Japan. I am still waiting for his reply. Will keep everyone up to date.
    Like what you said, with the price and reputation, i dont think we deserve this sort of treatment from Honda Australia!!!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Auto Sat Nav '10
    Well all this seems to cap it off for me.
    Very poor trade in price offer. Strange noise problem that Honda seems to be marking time on. (None of the dealers that sit on these forums seem to be making any confirmation or denial). All means no new Honda for me. Maybe like a few otheres I will wait for the next refresh, maybe they will trim off some of the weight and big body look which I am not exactly thrilled about. Maybe the steering feel and now this strange noise will get sorted out. Seems odd tho this is a worldwide car not just for here in Oz.

Shame I really like Honda but this is all leaving me pretty cold to the car and company at the moment.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECJimStar View Post
    Well all this seems to cap it off for me.
    Very poor trade in price offer. Strange noise problem that Honda seems to be marking time on. (None of the dealers that sit on these forums seem to be making any confirmation or denial). All means no new Honda for me. Maybe like a few otheres I will wait for the next refresh, maybe they will trim off some of the weight and big body look which I am not exactly thrilled about. Maybe the steering feel and now this strange noise will get sorted out. Seems odd tho this is a worldwide car not just for here in Oz.

Shame I really like Honda but this is all leaving me pretty cold to the car and company at the moment.
    If you are planning to get 1, my advice is NO! At least not now. They still cant solve the problem. And the way Honda Australia handle this issue with customer is NO way near their mission statement on the wall!!!! They keep pushing me back to dealer and dealer keep saying they are waiting for Honda Aus to give them the solution. If this happen before you pay for the car, i am sure they might look into it abit more urgent. However, if you already paid, its like your own business.
    I really hope more people will read this information before they buy the car. We dont need extra angry buyer out on the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobjones View Post

Hi Mate,

Any reply from Honda Australia? Any good news to share with us?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by jckidz View Post
    I'm driving a 2007 civic auto and whenever I use 91ron fuel, there is a rattling (more like clicking) for a few seconds when I accelerate slowly. More noticeable if I'm going up a hill after a stop. From what I know, alot of 8th gen Civic auto is having the same problem aswell. I went to my dealer the first time and to a different honda dealer the second time and had my car thoroughly checked for timing, such and such, and they couldn't find the problem. The only suggestion they made was to fill up with 98ron petrol as the problem dissapears after using premium petrol. << all this happens before I had my 20k service..

However, after I had my 20k service, the dealer used a different brand of engine oil (I think its a Honda premium oil) and the problem dissapears. My car used to have a Castrol oil when the problem occurs. I'm happily using 91ron petrol now whenever 98ron is too expensive.. lol

Hope this helps..

Thanks for your sharing. Did they do anything to the gearbox or change any AT oil? As far as i know, it should be the engine as it doesnt sound when not engage in gear.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by eur001 View Post
    Thanks for your sharing. Did they do anything to the gearbox or change any AT oil? As far as i know, it should be the engine as it doesnt sound when not engage in gear.
    If it doesn't make the sound when not in gear, then it is caused by the gearbox. Not the engine.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Lux 5AT/CR-V Lux
    mine has been fine........really starting to open up now

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro
    All cars, even Germen prestige brands have problems and recalls etc

Price range means nothing, though of course you expect better service and reliability when you have forked out more than say a I30 or Kia Rio but lets not forget the price of this car (standard Commodore, Aurion, Liberty etc and plenty other cars in this average new car price range) and you can have this sort of service issue with a $50k or $100k car and an Accord Euro Luxury isnt even in these brackets

Its like everything banks, cars, electronics you hear good and bad about every brand. Go into an Audi forum, HSV/LS1 forums (I own one) and see what I mean.

I can recall plenty of Suby, Mazda and especially Toyota problems over the past 10 as well but a lot less than
    Holden and Ford.

Keep Taking your problem up with your Honda dealer and if not satisifed keep going up the food chain at Honda Australia as it sounds like you are... Honda'a are generally are more reliable than most brands (many automobile club and independant test have shown this) but like anything are not 100&#37; perfect, and things go wrong and cars have problems (especailly new models/Series I's) and whilst this is an issue doesn't make the product all of a sudden inferior or not worth purchasing

Good Luck and I hope you get your matter rectified and a good result in the end....
    Last edited by vxclubsport569; 02-10-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    i saw on the tsx forum that a manual driver has reported the same thing - so query whether it is the auto box if it is happening in the manual.

I think the dealers would happily change the engine and gearbox oil to see if that helps for you.... Why not push for that? It could be the break in engine oil that Honda is using from factory.