DC5S - what gear do u use in parking lots??

well this may sound a bit noob, but i've only had my type s for a while and was wondering if any1 else found it a bit annoying driving it in parking lots at low speeds. if i use 1st gear, it feels as if the car is gonna jump when u brake, but if i use 2nd and sort of want to cruise through a parking lot, it feels as if its gonna stall. the previous manual car i drove was a corolla, no problems in that.

also, as this is my first sports car, is it normal to feel speed bumps and such more than in an ordinary car??

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    I use 1st in my DC5R (Same gear ratio's i think).

The suspension in the car is alot stiffer then that of your garden verity Corolla... so don't do 20km/h over speed bumps... i normally do like 2... maybe 5

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Quote Originally Posted by toby1234 View Post

also, as this is my first sports car, is it normal to feel speed bumps and such more than in an ordinary car??
    it's a sports car...you're suppose to drive it differently than a corolla...
    now you understand why I personally think a Corolla Sportivo is not a sports car. (flame suit on)

just learn to drive the TypeS
    the TypeS is my first manual car and I'm not having any problems with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc5r
    i use 2nd.

Newcomer Array
    Why deal in absolutes (i.e. 1st OR 2nd)?

I don't see why you can't simply change gears to adapt to your travel speed?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 4th gen
    I have the same problem, the only way to deal with it is 1st and 2nd then neutral roll untill slow enough for first again, speed humps 2-5km in 1st or neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Svelte' View Post

yeh, i guess its required in this car. thanks for the replies guys.

crap, i should've put this in the noob forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    1st and 2nd. i just drive it normaly. 1st when slow, then 2nd if i develop a little speed. always 1st over humps, as i'm extra careful and slow when going over humps to save my shocks

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by Svelte' View Post

Don't let logic get involved now. It really does make you wonder if some people should be driving a manual car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    Don't let logic get involved now. It really does make you wonder if some people should be driving a car.
    There we go Sam... fixed that one up for you...